INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES ASSOCIATE - PART TIME
RICHARD J. DALEY COLLEGE
Consider joining Daley College IT Team of professionals as a IT
Services Associates - PT. The basic function of this position is to
support the computer hardware and software used by students,
administrators, faculty, and staff in a variety of academic
settings and to achieve student success.
- Provides computer hardware and software technical support both
in-person and remotely to students, administrators, faculty, and
- Maintains, installs, and tests software applications on
computer hardware throughout the college.
- Submits help desk tickets to assist students, administrators,
faculty, and staff with technology related issues
- Protects physical technology assets in public areas and other
settings, through ongoing equipment refresh, planning maintenance,
installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and asset inventory
- Manages, tracks, and protects equipment that is designated for
use by students, administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Facilitates use of equipment for various internal and external
- Assembles and disassembles equipment on-site before and after
- Provides limited training to audio-visual/multi-media equipment
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including, but not limited
to, adherence to after hours, emergency, holiday and/or on-call
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Data Processing or related area, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience, with a history of progressively
increasing responsibility and accomplishments, preferably, in a
college or comparable academic setting.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with supporting both Windows and
- Knowledge of all current versions of Microsoft Windows, (XP,
Windows 7) all current internet browers, (IE, Chrome, Safari)
including networking concepts and general troublshooting
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player and self-starter.