Career Opportunity Number
HEERF: Part-Time Academic Advisor
MCC - Any Location
Temporary Part-Time Staff
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Limited Duration assignment to end no later than April 30, 2022,
but may be extended.
Assist students with providing information and advise regarding
academic programs, admission, which include enrollment processes,
course offerings (degree and certification), fees, course
selection, test scores, financial aid eligibility and options, and
other resources that will help students meet their educational and
Include but not limited to the following:
- Provides information and advice to current and prospective
students regarding academic programs, admission and degree and
certification requirements, application processes, applicable
policies and procedures, resources, institutional scholarships,
student aid, and/or financial or tuition information.
- Provides assistance to students by exploring academic and
financial resources and options, providing guidance regarding
academic course selection, and reviewing academic progress (e.g.
Satisfaction Academic Progress aka SAP ).
- Performs administrative tasks to include providing general
information to students and other visitors via phone, email, or in
person; addressing concerns and complaints from students or
parents; scheduling caseload appointments; greeting visitors; and
directing calls appropriate departments or personnel.
- Reviews student files and other documentation to determine
program/financial aid eligibility and ensures compliance with
policies and procedures; work may involve ensuring that students
meet academic and institutional requirements.
- Completes SAP forms and ensures students remain in good
standing; shares program information from 4-year schools.
- Utilizes databases and other online systems to enter, retrieve,
and/or research information and maintain student
- Promotes student’s sense of responsibility for his/her academic
progress; train and assist students to navigate the student portal
and online student services resources and processes.
- Responsible for working with and tracking the progress of an
assigned caseload of students.
- Works closely with Student Services Specialists, Financial Aid,
and other departments on campus to ensure a smooth overall
enrollment process for students.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as
- Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) year full time, directly related work experience in
education and/or counseling.
- Minimum Education Qualification can be substituted with an
equivalent combination of experience sufficient to successfully
perform the job.
$16.50 per hour
Type of Part-time Job
Part Time Staff
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- * How much administrative support, customer service, or related
area do you have, as supported by the employment history listed on
- less than one year
- between 1 and 2 years
- between 2 and 3 years
- between 3 and 4 years
- between 4 and 5 years
- five or more years
- * How much experience related to education and counseling do
you have, as supported by the employment history listed on your
- Less than one year
- Between 1 and 3 years
- Between 3 and 5 years
- Between 5 and 7 years
- Between 7 and 10 years
- Ten or more years
- * How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Letter of Recommendation 03
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02
- Other Document 03