Assist the Catering Manager in the leadership of all campus
catering operations. Recruit, train, schedule and supervise
catering student managers, students and part-time staff. Work with
campus retail managers to develop and implement retail-based
solutions and offerings for catering requests. Provide assistance
with the catering budget, menu development and pricing. Develop
working, in-depth knowledge of all software solutions related to
campus catering and events. Provide direct working oversight for
catered events on and off campus. Meet with on and off campus
clients to help determine catering needs and arranges for all
servies necessary to meet these needs.
- Recruit, train and supervise all student catering managers and
- Recruit, train and supervise part-time catering staff.
- Meet with on and off campus clients individually or with
Conference and Event Services representatives to determine catering
needs for events and to arrange for the delivery of these
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the Catering
- Assist with ordering supplies and services for catering
- Provide direct, in-person, working supervision of catering
events on and off campus.
- Work with Dining Services staff to develop and implement
retail-based solutions for catering needs on campus.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the catering
menu(s) and the associated pricing.
- Develop and maintain an on-depth, working knowledge of all
software solutions utilized by the Catering Department.
- Arrange daily operations of catering services to ensure
employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to
perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local
regulations as well as IC policies and procedures (e.g. quality
assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Assist with training for all staff to promote excellent
customer service and a safe work environment for employees by
providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by
ensuring compliance with safety and loss prevention programs and
- Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and
contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful
College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and
inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an
expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when
interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and
promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living
Previous experience working in catering operations in a
college/university setting, a resturant, catering company or other
relevent establishment is required. Previous supervision,
scheduling and budget development experience is also required.
Ability to adhere to food safety and service standards as set by
Ithaca College Dining Services staff is required. Strong
interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to provide
excellent customer service while working effectively and
respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment is
required. The Catering Assistant Manager will be required drive a
variety of vehicles on and off campus and will be required to
complete Ithaca College driver's clearance process upon hire.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic
community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to
apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college
Interested applicants must apply online at ithaca.edu/jobs
attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online
application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications will begin
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.