The Health Services Psychology Department at KCU is accepting
applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Psychology
position. The successful candidate will teach doctoral level
courses, mentor students, and serve in our PsyD program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and teach graduate level courses appropriate to
expertise, training, and background.
- Assisting students in research in scholarly activity.
- Advising and supervising students.
- Providing service to the department and university.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Program Director.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Doctoral degree in Clinical, Counseling, Social, or Cognitive
Psychology (PsyD or PhD) from an APA accredited program.
- Knowledge, sensitivity, and passion for diversity,
multiculturalism, social justice, and community service.
- Demonstrated success with teaching and classroom management
- Demonstrated promise as a scholar.
- Experience mentoring students.
- Experience successfully chairing dissertations.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to employ critical thinking and analysis to solve
- Ability to interact successfully with academic, clinical,
business, and regulatory personnel.
- Ability to successfully work within and support a diverse
environment of students and colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to ensure that
departmental goals are met by providing support to staff, and
always keeping students’ and graduates’ best interest as a
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity
workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all
employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their
demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial
status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other
status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty,
and staff. Our annual campus security report
crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus
for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery
Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!