To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next'
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Marketing and Communications
Standard work week.
Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching
its educational environment and culture through the diversity of
its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing
inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of
its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse
groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of
diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive
Purpose of Position
Produces graphic art and visual materials for promotions,
advertisements, films, packaging, and informative and instructional
materials through a variety of media outlets; generates and
manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text, and video into
consolidated and seamless multimedia programs; remains abreast of
technological advances in the field and identifies areas of
potential use for the University.
- Creates graphic designs of communication and marketing
materials in accordance with brand standards and guidelines.
- Maintains and catalogs all digital assets (photos, videos, and
design files, etc) in an easily identifiable and easily accessed
- Coordinates and serves as liaison between internal Marketing
& Communications staff and outside vendors/partners on
marketing and communications related projects.
- Maintain and keep in good working order all graphic design
equipment; provides feedback on replacement and upgrading needs
during annual budget process.
- Archives print files through organized means for future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Communications Arts,
Digital Media and 2 years minimum work related experience or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop, web-based platforms,
browsers, HTML and related technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of pre-press and printing standards.
- MS Office proficiency, including PowerPoint work for both Mac
- Ongoing desire to keep up with the latest trends and technical
- An understanding and appreciation for marketing strategy.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application