The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
Under general supervision, the Admissions Specialist determines
student applicants' admissibility. Other duties include evaluation
of transcripts and award of transfer of credit based on standards
and guidelines developed by the institution. In addition, the
Admissions Specialist advises potential students and other internal
departments on admission requirements, policies and procedures,
transfer of credit, and related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews all applications and administers the admissions
decisions process as developed and defined by the University.
- Renders admissions decisions and/or forwards pertinent
information to other reviewing authorities as required.
- Evaluates applications, high school credentials, and prior
post-secondary credentials for admission
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines if institutions that applicants have previously
attended are appropriately accredited to satisfy admission
requirements and awards transfer of credit based on standards and
guidelines developed and approved by academic leadership and
- Provides unofficial assessment of transfer of credit for
prospective students when requested.
- Advises potential students and appropriate administrative
offices on admission requirements, policies and procedures,
transfer of credit, and related issues.
- Analyzes, authenticates and researches documents submitted for
evaluation of transfer credit and admission to the University.
- Ensures that policy is upheld and applied correctly to support
institutional accreditation, programmatic accreditation and state
and regulatory requirements.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty and internal
student service groups in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that all information related to admission and transfer
of credit is accurately entered in the student information system
that appropriate documentation is stored in the student record, and
that appropriate correspondence is sent to the applicant.
- Assists with maintaining an accurate transfer credit
- Assists with training of new and continuing members of the team
on admission and transfer of credit related functions.
- Works closely with enrollment, academic advising, registration
services, faculty, and other University administrative groups to
ensure a smooth admissions process.
- Keeps current and ensures consistent application of academic
policy changes, new program roll outs, changes to existing program
curriculum and policies, and state specific requirements.
- Assists with special projects and requests, as needed and
performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree required.
- 2 years Higher Education experience within an Admission,
Academic Advising, or Registrar Office preferred.
- Ability to evaluate student transcripts and records.
- Ability to complete work and meet deadline requirements with
accuracy and adherence to policies, procedures, and regulatory and
state and federal requirements. .
- High level of comfort using computers and computer
- Preferred Experience with student information systems, customer
relationship management systems, and document management
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare
- Ability to read, interpret and apply academic and program
- Excellent written communication, collaboration, analytical and
oral presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and highly organized with
strong time management skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity
when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of
others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even
under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships
and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national