PT - Adult Education Assistant
Adult Education Assistant provides information on the admissions
process, registering, creating a semester schedule, financial aid,
and connecting students to other support services. They also greet
community members to assist them with information about the college
and gives directions to campus events.
Candidates Eligible to Apply
Position Funding Type
Assistant I: High school graduate or GED required. One (1) year of
general clerical or office support experience preferred.
Assistant II: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent
and two (2) years of general clerical or office support experience;
or, an equivalent combination of education and experience
sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• The use of specified computer applications involving management
of databases or spreadsheet files;
• The use of internet searches;
• Office practices and procedures; record keeping practices;
• Applicable regulations, policies and statutes;
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a
fast pace environment.
• Making accurate arithmetic calculations;
• Operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining
rules, policies and procedures;
• Organizing own work and setting priorities
• Excellent Customer Service Skills including Communication,
interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers,
supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or
convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
• Provide excellent customer service by welcoming visitors to COM,
answering questions to the best of your ability, and wearing a
staff nametag and approved apparel.
• Work with Admissions Specialist by contacting prospective
students through texting and phone call campaigns.
• Assist students with FAFSA, ApplyTexas application, Navigate, and
other college related forms and software.
• Assisting students and the community with college program
• Relating information about campus events, directions on
• Maintain an organized and clean environment.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing
and repetitive motions. Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently,
and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly
to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of
those for Light Work.
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Posting Will Be Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories,
which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of
employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of
duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your
application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See
attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a
complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for
disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete
fields. A scanned copy of official transcript(s) issued from the
registrar must be attached to the online application (if
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED?
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (2 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (3 of 3)