Adjunct Faculty – Computer Science (Web Design)
Department: Dean of Science and Engineering
Location: Wellesley Hills
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to
prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical
workforce demands of communities, and to contribute to the region’s
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity,
inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of
underrepresented communities to apply to join our
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access
community college offering associate degrees and certificate
programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Commitment to Equity:
- Prepare syllabi and develop curricula to address course/program
requirements, and student learning outcomes to meet graduation
competencies as appropriate;
- Engage in professional development activities to maintain
excellence in teaching and learning;
- Submit midterm and final grade reports, attendance records,
early alerts, and other reports pertaining to assigned courses by
required due dates;
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by the Dean
consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Support MassBay’s commitment to the Equity Agenda;
- Collaborating with faculty, staff, and students on the
College’s strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap
related to student outcomes;
- Support MassBay’s commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a
community free of bias and inequality;
- Contribute to discussion and review of applicable College
policies with a critical lens toward diversity, equity and
- Engage with the Office of Diversity on issues related to
underserved student success;
- Further the examination of pertinent practices that are
culturally responsive and reflective of inclusive
- Engage in conversations with colleagues and students regarding
best practices within the discipline or programmatic related to
equity and inclusion;
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may
assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the
mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and
collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Candidate must have 18 graduate semester hours in computer
- Experience or training in areas such as database
administration, cloud computing, web design, Flash, web
development, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Animate and XD (User
Experience and Prototyping).
- A PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action
and workforce diversity.
- Experience working in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved
- Teaching experience in beginning and intermediate level
- Experience teaching online or/and remote courses using tools
like Cisco WebEx, ZOOM, Google Classroom, etc.
$1,132.00 - 1,211.00 DCE Per Credit
DCE Adjunct Faculty
August 26, 2021, or thereafter until
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age,
veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity,
or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by
Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other
applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits
sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or
complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or
sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s for Affirmative
Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of
Equity Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org, (781) 239-3147, the
Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal
Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department
of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.