Assistant Coach, Golf
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of
running DIII NCAA golf programs. The assistant coach will help
coach workouts, practices and competitions and work with player
development. Other duties include administration of both the men's
and women's team travel arrangements.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Instruct, teach and coach student-athletes during practices and
- Serve as coach for one team when teams travel separately to
- The assistant coach will be available to both the men's and the
women's programs for individual coaching during practice hours and
at times will be responsible for executing practice plans on their
- Assist in organizing and facilitating team travel.
- Assist head coach with recruiting activities.
- Assist with any other administrative duties as directed by the
Typical Work Schedule
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of 2 years as part of a coaching staff, or 2 years of
college golf experience.
- Basic knowledge of Google, Google Docs, and social
- Knowledge of and adherence to University policies, particularly
as they apply to student safety and hazing.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both orally and
in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions
pertaining to athletic matters in both a classroom and an athletic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people
in a manner that positively portrays the University and its
programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA Div.
III and Northwest Conference rules, policies, and procedures as
they apply to the activities and programs within the incumbent's
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain
working relationships with other staff, faculty, and
- Must possess a current driver's license valid in the state of
Oregon and a driving record insurable by the University's
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record
Monday - Friday 3 - 8 pm is typical with extended hours in
September, October, and February - April. Weekend work is
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received
until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your
application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Assistant-Coach--Golf_R0003747
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume