Reporting to the Director of Technology Services, the Manager of
End User Technology, is responsible for the daily management and
operations of all end user devices, peripherals, printers
(including our copy center) and A/V equipment. This role is also
responsible for the design, architecture and management of the end
user computing platforms, developing and maintain technology
standards based on industry best practices, managing a technology
roadmap and developing new solutions based on business
Provide Vision for, Manage and Support End User
Manages the End User Technology Team and Document Support
- Defines, develops, and maintains end user computing
capabilities and services in conjunction and alignment with
business needs, working with vendors and establishing outsourcing
models where appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains metrics to measure efficient use of
existing systems and resources.
- Be a visible presence and hands-on support partner to ensure
that requests for technology assistance are addressed in a timely
and professional manner.
- Maintains catalog of end user computing platforms, including
printing and A/V environments, and performs life cycle management
for those platforms and devices.
- Works closely with team to ensure proper escalation of
- Identifies technologies which will improve customer
satisfaction, reduce cost or improve efficiency.
- Works with Director of Technology Services to plan and budget
for End User Technology needs, including lifecycle maintenance and
- Work closely with the IT Customer Support Services team to
provide guidelines and support for intake and support of End User
Demonstrate Leadership and Respect
- Manages resource demand and capacity, staff performance and
talent development. Identifies and communicates opportunities for
- Proactively seeks and communicates opportunities for
improvement in both the operation and customer satisfaction aspects
of the end user computing function.
- Ensures operational policies and procedures are created,
modified, documented, and followed to ensure efficient and secure
- Provides leadership and support to ensure projects are staffed
appropriately and timelines are met.
Degree of Independent Action Performed
- Demonstrate respect for diversity of identities and
experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and
cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Models the behaviors that we expect from our team, including
exhibiting patience, thoughtfulness and respect for our colleagues
in all interactions.
- Develops relationships with stakeholders that promote trust and
increase efficiency and effectiveness, balancing individual client
needs with institutional goals.
- Takes Information Security and Data Privacy seriously and
implements appropriate security controls in all systems to protect
data and system integrity. Promotes a positive outlook on
information security, compliance and risk management.
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and
autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and
judgment in decisions impacting staff and department
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate
This position will have the following direct reports:
Internal & External Contacts
- Desktop / Network Tech
- Desktop Tech
- Document Support Services Copy Room Attendant (part-time)
Frequent contact with PEA administrative and academic offices,
faculty, staff, students, medical personnel, coaches and other
Academy personnel is expected. External contacts may include
alumni, parents, outside organizations, and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business
Administration or 5+ years IT management experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Experience supporting IT operations, including: managing
personnel, support queues, security and risk mitigation, hardware
and software deployment and vendors.
- Experience working on technology projects and initiatives,
preferably in an educational institution
- Experience designing and delivering end user technology
- Experience in an educational setting preferred.
- High-level knowledge of managing end user systems required,
including both Windows and Mac devices, audio-visual technology,
printers, and mobile devices such as iPads.
- High-level knowledge of managing third party software and
related patching required.
- Knowledge of best practices for security and life cycle
management for end user assets.
- Ability to build and leverage effective relationships and
influence decisions and behaviors through partnering.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist
movement on a keyboard.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 10lbs without
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).