This position will be open until filled.
Responsible for assisting with a variety of
tasks not limited to but to include food preparation, catering
set-up/breakdown deliveries, billing of completed events, receiving
of deliveries, general sanitation, cash handling, and participation
in the HACCP process of the retail operation.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to obtain certifications related to position, i.e.
- Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act
15. You will need to present completed clearances and training
certificates at the time of hire. Please visit
https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll
to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
$27,679 - $34,599
Job Specific Task List:
- Assists food preparation to include: defrosting items, slicing,
cleaning, and portioning product per recipe; assists with assembly
and distribution of prepared items to various serving areas and
buildings; assists with completion of post event breakdown and
billing process for inside and outside vendors. - (Essential)
- Inputs catering invoices into POS system and tracks sales on a
weekly, monthly and yearly basis; prepares all BEO(banquet event
order form) to coincide with each event and will have them posted
on catering board at minimum of 5 days in advance of event date. -
- Works in Collaboration with Executive Chef and Dining Services
Supervisor to order products for catered events. - (Essential)
- Receives any deliveries and puts the stock away, notifying the
Executive Chef about any discrepancies and records temperatures on
receiving log; opens the kitchen and unlocks refrigerators and
records temperatures on the temperature log; sets up sanitation
stations with proper green and red bucket; assists with maintaining
general sanitation in the retail operation to include ware washing
both manually, mechanically, emptying of kitchen trash receptacles,
and daily or weekly sanitation assignments. - (Essential)
- Reviews production sheets to determine type and quantity of
food items to be prepared for the station that they are scheduled;
prepares and mixes ingredients according to the approved recipes
using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as food
processors, blenders, mixers, slicers, steamers, fryers, ovens and
grills to prepare food items; alerts Director of Dining Services to
any items not in stock so a substitute can be provided. -
- Participates in monitoring of food quality, seasoning, and
temperature; records temperatures onto the temperature log for all
items in the station that they are scheduled; follow policy set by
the Director of Dining Services; maintains food production areas in
a clean, sanitary, neat and orderly manner. - (Essential)
- Reports to Executive Chef any problems or needs concerning
equipment, food supply, sanitation, or safety problems; detects and
reports spoiled or unattractive food or supplies; cleans assigned
areas following established cleaned. - (Essential)
- May be responsible for cash handling procedures as set by the
Executive Chef. - (Essential)
- Travel to catering locations as assigned. - (Essential)
- Performs all other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Dec 08, 2021 Eastern Standard Time