POSITION TITLE: College President
CAMPUS/DEPARTMENT: Ranger College Main
GERNERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Ranger
College Board of Regents is actively seeking the next President of
Ranger College. The successful candidate will be responsible
for the educational, fiscal, and operational success at all
campuses and locations within the system. The President will
nurture and grow the many partnerships between the college,
business, industry, and community organizations. This person will
have the responsibility of providing institutional leadership,
long-term planning, and fostering an environment that is conducive
to the educational success of students.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and stewardship
for the college’s many successful initiatives including a robust
dual-credit high school outreach program, a regionally acclaimed
nursing program, and several popular workforce development
programs. This person will guide the college through the SACSCOC
reaccreditation process, represent the college in Board meetings
and community events, approve relevant personnel action items,
while planning and directing the operation, maintenance, and
improvement of campus buildings and grounds.
- Ph.D. or MBA/Master’s Degree and currently enrolled in a
- Three years of senior level administrative experience at a
community or junior college
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with higher education
initiatives, trends, activities, and policies
- Knowledge and/or experience with higher education accrediting
- Experience working with a governing board to achieve the goals
of the college
Skills and Abilities: The College President
- A leader who acknowledges the traditions of the college and
builds upon its outstanding reputation.
- A leader who strives to achieve the highest standards of
performance in teaching, learning, and offering services to the
students, faculty, staff, and community.
- An individual with a proven track record of generating
alternate sources of revenue, fundraising, and successful work with
the College Foundation.
- A leader who demonstrates successful experience working with
external constituents such as elected officials, business and
industry leaders, and professional associations.
- Strength in human relations, communications, planning,
financial management, budgeting and organizational skills to lead
and inspire internal and external constituencies of the
- Open communications with the Board of Regents, employees and
students through a variety of methods including both printed and
- Identification and implementation of academic and technical
programming to support continuing education and workforce
- Community outreach to extend partnerships, expand resources,
and share capacity in support of current and future students.
- Experience in teaching and/or student services in a higher
education academic environment.
- Oral and written communications confirming the ability to
effectively research, organize, and persuade diverse audiences both
internal and external, and utilize customer service skills in
support of the college system.
- Skill in reviewing, staffing, and organizing for efficiency and
- Effective leadership strategies to promote the value of
diversity at all levels of the organization, and in all areas of
selection, training, coaching, development, evaluation and
supervision of college faculty and staff.
- An ongoing liaison relationship with area legislative and
ANNUAL SALARY/BENEFITS: Highly
competitive and commensurate with experience and credentials. Group
health and life insurance (60 day waiting period for health) and
retirement benefits (TRS or ORP). Optional benefits include
disability and dental insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill out the online application
- Please submit resume, cover letter, credentials, and a copy of
unofficial transcripts to Human Resources at email@example.com . Hardcopies
may be mailed to:
ATTN: Bob Murry
1240 College Circle
Ranger, TX 76470
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue
until the position has been filled. Official transcripts are
required upon employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon
successful completion of a criminal background check as well as
sufficient course enrollment and budget allocations.
College Home Page: www.rangercollege.edu
Ranger College does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
Lindy Matthews, Human Resources
254.647.3234 ext. 7037 firstname.lastname@example.org