Counselors will work to provide mental health services for
university students. Specific duties will include conducting mental
health assessments, developing individualized treatment plans,
leading individual or group therapy sessions, running preventive
mental health wellness classes and/or workshops and making
treatment referrals. Additionally, while maintaining a high level
of professionalism, counselors will be expected to be active within
the university division of student affairs and provide appropriate
services and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Provides individual group counseling, providing appropriate
mental health services to university students.
- Develops and directs mental health-related presentation as
- Maintains professional accreditation and contacts for the
purpose of remaining current with discipline.
- Engage with the division of student affairs, being agreeable to
serving on various committees and participating in various division
endeavors, such as strategic planning and assessment.
- Provides clinical supervision for inter/practicum students as
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or related
- Two years of counseling experience
- Licensed Professional Counselor ( LPC )
- Career and counseling theories
- Titanium Counseling software preferred
- Working with trauma survivors and a trauma informed clinic
- Campus resources
- Computer applications
- Counseling and presentations
- Communication, as applied to interaction with students,
coworkers, administration and the general public
Sedentary Work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
May be subject to nights and weekends
May be subject to travel
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Open Until Filled