Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, located in Prescott, Arizona,
is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sports
Information Director. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s
Prescott, Arizona campus is respected worldwide for cutting-edge
instruction and training for tomorrow’s aviation, aerospace,
security and intelligence leaders. Prescott is a mile-high city and
its climate reflects seasonable weather excellent for flying.
Daytime averages are 80°F in the summer and 45°F in the winter. At
5,000 ft. above sea level, it boasts a mild climate, clean air,
pristine wilderness areas, and nearby national forests. The
university is a small, private, residential university in the
mountains of Arizona with approximately 3,500 students.
Staff/faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central
theme of our campus. It is located 100 miles north of Phoenix and
120 miles south of the Grand Canyon
Embry-Riddle sponsors 14 sports and is a member of the California
Pacific Conference and the NAIA. This is a full-time, 12-month
The Sports Information Director’s responsibilities will include,
but are not limited to, leading the execution of the PR strategy
for the department, establishing relationships with local, regional
and national media, production of department publications and video
content, game-day staffing, overseeing social media platforms,
writing press releases, maintaining statistical records, web site
management, and reporting to the NAIA, Cal Pac, and other
affiliated conferences. The SID will recruit, train, and supervise
a staff of student workers that will serve as game-day staff. The
SID will also assist with the planning and execution of promotion
strategies for home athletics events.
This position will require working nights, weekends, and holidays
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
- Two BC/BS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
room and enjoy observation flights
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field of study. Previous
experience in a collegiate athletics communications office is
- Extensive experience working with media in broadcasting, print,
and web-based communications outlets.
- Strong skills in web design and website management,
videography, and Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, including the ability to
provide leadership and direction, to effectively motivate,
delegate, train, supervise and evaluate.
- Experience directing the management of home athletic events,
including broadcast staffing, scoring, statistics, media and press
- Knowledge and ability to direct the management of national
television/streaming live events and broadcasts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively
with a diverse client group. Demonstrated knowledge of generally
accepted professional behavior, etiquette and standards of protocol
that are appropriate within a collegiate athletic setting.
- Commitment to directing the communication component of the
Athletics mission and willingness to collaborate with other staff
members to effectively handle department-wide initiatives that
cross over intra-departmental boundaries (special events, campus
projects, NAIA Championships, etc.).
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive