Coordinator, Office of Housing (Hybrid Schedule)
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to
advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved
communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our
institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision.
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity
and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the
campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different
ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates
develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will
benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians,
health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a
“whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just
symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of
healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main
campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in
Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in
Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to
approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated
healthcare settings with other health professionals. At
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a
caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the
PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Coordinator, Office of Housing
(Hybrid Schedule) position at the Philadelphia campus with a highly
qualified and passionate individual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming housing requests from housing email account
(Philadelphia Campus}, and telephone inquiries. Monitors weekend
inquiries, for urgency.
- Makes all housing reservations for students (after confirming
eligibility) using current and newly negotiated housing
- C ommunicates all housing information, policies, and direction
as it relates to students specific housing arrangement
- Maintains housing records of all housing properties, including
leases, emergency and maintenance contacts, etc.
- R econciles credit card expense reports in Chrome River
- Is liaison for all retail negotiated properties.
- Maintains spreadsheet records of housing/student reservations,
confirmations and communicates all reservations to students.
- Maintains vendor property resource listing of all potential
housing opportunities and locations.
- U ploads and maintains all student housing information in
Blackboard or other platforms used by the institution.
- Manages local apartment, if applicable; including booking and
tracking reservations as well as any other administrative tasks
- Maintains up to date student housing policies, waivers and
information for Clerkship Handbook/Manual and any other platform
- Enters all requisitions and is responsible for scheduling
routine payments for all leased, rental properties and or other
secured housing models.
- Travel within 2-3 hours from campus to remote properties under
the direction of the housing director. Approximately 15% .
- Coordinates meetings with cross functioning depart ment s
- Pro vides excellent customer service to students and outside
vendors, and responds to inter- department phone calls
- Must be able to work independently, in absence of Director of
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree (Bachelors preferred}
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other legally protected class.
- At least 5 years' experience in an administrative role,
preferably in Higher Education or property management.
- Strong attention to detail and approach to problem resolution
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and
PowerPoint. Ability to use Banner, Blackboard, Chrome River
applications a plus.
- A valid driver's license and proof of current automobile