Office Manager (Hybrid Schedule Available)
At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to
advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved
communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our
institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision.
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity
and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the
campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different
ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates
develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will
benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians,
health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a
“whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just
symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of
healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main
campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in
Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in
Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to
approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated
healthcare settings with other health professionals. At
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a
caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the
PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Office Manager (Hybrid
Schedule Available) position at the South Georgia campus with a
highly qualified and passionate individual.
NOTE: This position is not 100% virtual. Telework/remote work
will be an option on most days, however, some on-campus work is
required at times therefore candidates must be within driving
distance of our South Georgia campus.
Under the direction of the Director of Admissions, this person
manages the operation of the Office of Admissions: determines
priorities, monitors the status of special projects, coordinates
support staff (full and part time) and works closely with the
Senior Assistant Director of Admissions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely the Director and Senior Assistant Director of
Admissions with the execution of the following tasks for the South
- Selection, training and orientation of operations/recruitment
- Establishing work schedules, priorities, assigns tasks,
instructs work-study staff/others for non- routine tasks and
inspects staff work for accuracy.
- Maintains personnel files, coordinates staff coverage
- Has a key role in the support of preparation of overall budget
by tracking and determining costs and allocating funds to
appropriate Admissions budget lines.
- Meets with Director and Senior Assistant Director of Admissions
to determine departmental needs, which include, but are not limited
to – CRM management, admissions reports, updating Banner/ all
system records, updating/renaming documentation for files,
- Reviews monthly budget reports and monitors expenditures.
- Works closely with the Director of Administrative Operations,
Admissions Manager, and Senior Assistant Director of Admissions on
training staff with new office technology and software.
- Assist with coordination all office purchases as well as
purchases from external vendors. Including the processing of
requisitions for recruitment registrations as needed.
- Responsible for acquisition of quotes from vendors for
departmental purchases when directed by the Director of
- Responsible for completing and submitting all Human Resources
paperwork including, but not limited to Position Authorization
Requests (PAR) and Personnel Action Forms (PAF).
- Composes internal and external correspondence of a non -
- Supervises small, short term projects for the Office of
- Responsible for coordination of all admissions and faculty
committee meetings, including room arrangements, assignments,
catering requisitions and educational media assistance (as
- Serves as a member of the Operations team, performing the
- Answering incoming phone calls with professionalism and
respect; routing calls as appropriate, taking information for
telephone screening forms as appropriate.
- Logging prospective student interactions within Admissions
software (Slate CRM)
- Processing mail and scanning materials, disseminating
mail/packages accordingly to staff.
- Processing application materials (recommendation letters, test
scores, transcripts, etc.) received from external sources for all
degree programs. throughout the entire application cycle within
Admissions software (Slate)
- Processing fee waiver requests for all programs throughout the
- Participating in strategic recruitment initiatives such as
phone-a-thons and conversion activities as needed.
- Responding to various types of electronic applicant inquiries
(chatbot, email, etc.) and escalates as necessary to appropriate
parties within PCOM; serves as a “first responder” in navigating
student inquiries and issues.
- Participating in virtual and on campus recruitment activities
(i.e. Open Houses) and conversion events (i.e. DO Welcome Brunch,
Second Look events, etc.), and Pathway programs as needed, which
may include evenings and weekends.
- Collaborating with recruitment staff in the support of on
campus events, including coordinating room requests, setup,
assignments, catering requisitions and educational media assistance
- Assists with the preparation and initial reviews of applicant
materials within Slate
- Assisting with file audits and system maintenance, updates and
testing. Monitors staff during system/software updates and assists
with troubleshooting, as necessary.
- Maintaining confidential information.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned by the
Director of Admissions and Chief Admissions Officer.
- The PCOM Admissions team seeks members who exemplify the
following durable skillsets: creativity, persuasion, collaboration,
adaptability, and emotional intelligence. Core competencies
- Comfort with phone and online communication, strong written and
verbal communication skills and customer service orientation
- Willingness to engage with and work collaboratively with team
members across all 3 PCOM locations
- Self-motivated, active listener and with a high level of
positivity and professionalism
- High level organizational skills and attention to detail
- Adaptability and interest in engaging with evolving
- Comfort working with diverse communities and interacting with a
variety of constituencies, including staff, applicants, inquiries,
students, alumni, volunteers, guests, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations (if
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience in a fast paced
office environment with at least three years of supervisory
experience. Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Office, Banner and
Slate (CRM) Software.
Occasional lifting of office supplies; manual dexterity and
mobility to use all office equipment. Primarily sedentary
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other legally protected class.