Executive Assistant to the Dean
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
The Executive Assistant to the Dean provides comprehensive
administrative and coordination support for the operations of the
Dean's office and its organizational leadership. This
administrative professional position requires maintaining
confidentiality and extensive flexibility to effectively balance
office reception, multiple calendar scheduling, meeting/event
preparation and support, document approvals, systematic
record-keeping, some writing and editing, and special research
projects. The person in this position must be able to work
independently to meet deadlines, shifting priorities, and an
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the office.
- Handles and prioritizes incoming issues and requests addressed
to the Dean.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting highly sensitive
and confidential matters and documents.
- Assists the Dean in preparation of his/her class
- Communicates directly and professionally, on behalf of the Dean
to community members, campus departments, other institutions, and
all interested parties.
- Manages calendars for the Dean and other members of the Dean's
- Responsible for official functions/events hosted by the Dean,
as well as specific College events, either on campus or off
- Tracking and managing invoices and billing as necessary in the
College of Law's budget.
- Serves as the point of contact with the Human Resources office
regarding payroll, staff/faculty recruitment, on-boarding
procedures, salary information.
- Manages the flow of issues, projects, and problems requiring
either near-term responses or anticipatory preparations related to
the Dean Initiatives.
- Develops trust-based relationships with internal and external
stakeholders to facilitate information sharing and expedite problem
solving related to the Dean's initiatives.
- Assists the Dean and his/her designees in creating, organizing,
and maintaining Dean's office records and relations including
faculty/staff personnel files, faculty research stipends, faculty
salaries, adjunct contract letters and stipends, and multiple
- Assists the Director of Development in ensuring that the Dean's
strategy, contact reports, and action information is maintained in
the fundraising database in a timely and accurate
- Writes, edits, or coordinates the creation of select
communications on behalf of the Dean. Processes and responds to
letters of select inquiries, complaints, and other types of
- Works closely with units reporting directly to the
- Follows campus policy and procedures regarding the Dean's files
and documents. Archives appropriate files and documents on an
annual basis. Secures a record of the Dean's correspondence,
presentations, schedules, and calendars.
- Serves as point of contact for all
- Assists with searches, including administrative assistance with
searches for faculty, staff, and other College of Law
- Prepares Board of Trustees agenda items pertaining to the
- Process daily mail, greet visitors, answer phones, maintain
office appearance, order office supplies, schedule maintenance,
filing and archiving, manage p-card statements, pay institutional
- Assists the Dean and the Office of Advancement in organizing
and maintaining information for the Leadership Cabinet as
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
student success, and high level of interpersonal and intercultural
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree, or at least 5 years of experience in an
Executive Assistant role.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
student success, as well as working with broadly diverse
Typical Work Schedule
- Experience in an equivalent role or similar
- Proven ability to handle complex and sensitive information with
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet
deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Excellent competence in basic computer systems, Google docs,
data entry, and web maintenance.
Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received
until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your
application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Dean_R0003746-1
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume