Systems Analyst and Developer
Arizona Stat University
Arizona State University is currently seeking an experienced and
energetic systems analyst and developer in the Graduate College.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, PeopleSoft
development, web application development, development and
maintenance of batch processes, database scripting, application
architecture and process design, and technical documentation. The
team member will focus on technologies used to support graduate
student success at ASU including the Graduate College's
award-winning interactive Plan of Study application. Additional
responsibilities will entail development of database stored
procedures, Drupal modules, PHP, SQL scripts, XML and web services
to integrate university mission critical applications.
Business hours for the Graduate College are Monday - Friday,
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Candidate will work onsite at ASU's Tempe Campus.
$58,824-$104,576 per year; DOE
- Designs, develops, implements and enhances web applications and
systems to ensure highly engaging interactions, intuitive
interaction and efficient use of business systems.
- Maintains a high degree of technical knowledge and expertise on
a group of technology products or on a technology platform through
research, vendor presentations, and training.
- Develops code and/or other technical solutions to implement
- Develops and maintains SQL code including stored procedures,
functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes and constraints.
- Interacts with Assistant Director and other Graduate College
technology staff to create, update, and maintain tables/datasets on
ASU's student information system.
- Participates in a collaborative team environment to ensure the
success of the project teams responsible for analysis, design,
development, review and testing.
- Develops and improves user systems procedures, and prepares
- Provides technical analysis to support requested modifications
from business/functional users.
- Prepares, promotes and adheres to written procedures, system
specifications, programming guidelines, and other necessary
- Works closely with business analyst to gather requirements,
develop code and/or other technical solutions and tests application
enhancements/fixes to implement requests in accordance with user
- In the review of existing systems and processes, applies the
techniques and principles of process and procedure reengineering in
the design and development of new systems and process.
- Recommends alternative solutions to existing systems and
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with
customers, other technology specialists, and vendors about
- Coordinates with other information technology organizations
including the central IT organization to ensure optimal use,
security and efficiency of computer and related resources.
- Works with end-users to troubleshoot problems, research
solutions, and implement fixes.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or related field AND
two (2) years experience providing information technology services;
OR, Six (6) years experience providing information technology
services; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities
have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that
indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment
may substitute for up to six months experience.
Experience with the following:
- PeopleSoft development, including knowledge of Application
Designer and PeopleTools.
- Developing queries and automation within a PeopleSoft Campus
Solutions environment or similar.
- Application maintenance and development using PeopleTools and
PHP or similar including integration with back-end database
- Working with complex database structures and platforms
including Oracle and/or Amazon Redshift or similar.
- Developing and maintaining SQL code including stored
procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes and
- Developing and implementing web services.
- Drupal or similar site building, administration, and
- Developing custom themes and modules in Drupal or similar.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in designing Web
accessibility, usability and security.
- Evidence of effective communications skills.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding
and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying
lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change
priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of
- May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or
across University campuses.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential
The ASU Graduate College works collaboratively across all
colleges to promote and support the integrity, quality, and
vitality of ASU graduate programs including master’s degrees,
professional degrees, and doctoral degrees. Our goal is to ensure
university-wide standards of academic excellence, access, and
equity in graduate programs and to enhance the impact of ASU’s
graduate students and graduate education within the state,
national, and global arenas. Central to this vision is the
enhancement of the diversity of ASU’s graduate population as well
as the development of innovative transdisciplinary graduate
programs across the university.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and
Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online
at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You
may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police
Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include
verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will
include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon
successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00 p.m. Arizona time on the date
Only electronic applications are accepted. Attach Word or PDF
documents, which include:
1. Cover letter
3. Three professional references (if not
already supplied during the application process)
Please include all employment information in month/year
format (ex: 6/88 to 8/94), and include job title, job duties, and
name of employer for EACH position listed. Not providing this
information could result in your application not being
Cover letter and resume should clearly illustrate how prior
knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired
qualifications stated in this requisition.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination”
in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher
education (or 24 credit hours) is equal to one year of experience.
For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id#