On call as needed to transport students to off-campus medical
visits by providing transportation, companionship and general
assistance with the administrative aspects of a medical visit. May
be required to transport students for other departments as
Degree of Independent Action Performed
- Carry and respond to cell phone.
- Drive students to and from off-campus medical facilities.
- Keep track of related paperwork.
- Inform Health Services staff of student’s status.
- Return student to Health Center along with instructions for
- Maintain documentation of medical visits (location, time,
- Pick up and drop off medications as requested.
- May be asked to drive for other departments as needed
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and
autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and
judgment in decisions impacting staff and department
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA
administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff.
External contacts may include parents, outside organizations,
visitors and local community neighbors.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Some college experience helpful.
- Basic familiarity with health care environment helpful.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
Skills & Knowledge
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Ability to provide a clean and reliable passenger vehicle
- Knowledge and understanding of all motor vehicle laws and safe
- Knowledge of adolescent issues and experience interacting with
adolescents strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to
serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with
diplomacy and tact.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist
movement on a keyboard.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25lbs without
- Ability to climb stairs.