Full-time, 12-month position. As a member of the Student
Services team, the Counselor will advise and counsel prospective
and currently enrolled students concerning the various courses and
programs offered by the College and serve a principal role in
college-wide student development initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits good communication skills and cooperation with all
College staff as a participating member of the Student Services
- Articulates the College programs to the public schools,
students, parents, and community.
- Provides advising services for dual enrollment students and
- Provides counseling services to a diverse student body in
career selection, educational program selection, course selection,
and personal educational planning.
- Provides counseling services to special populations to include
academically challenged students, students with disabilities,
student athletes, international students, and displaced
- Facilitates students' transfer to senior colleges and
- Counsels students in preparation for enrollment including
development of an educational plan.
- Provides an interpretation of placement test scores for
students and recommends appropriate educational programs.
- Provides information and assistance to students to meet their
educational, vocational, and social needs.
- Provides resource information relative to community services
available within the community and crisis intervention as
- Conducts exit interviews with students who may withdraw from
- Participates in efforts with FYE, student orientations,
classroom presentations and outreach activities.
- Participates in professional development activities to maintain
currency of knowledge in the specific areas of responsibility and
matters related to student services.
- Assists in evening staffing of office.
- Participates in institutional strategies for performance based
- Makes progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of the
Accountability Plan and Equity Update Report.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college
institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)/responsible person
for Title IX and Clery Act compliance. Must participate in all
required CSA/responsible person training.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes
applications from all qualified candidates.
Educational: Master's degree from a
regionally accredited institution required. Master's degree in
Counseling or Guidance preferred.
Please submit unofficial copies of your transcripts for
review. You will be allowed to do this during the application
process or you may login in at a later time and upload them as
Please note that the online application system supports
files up to 2 MB in size. While scanning your documents, please use
PDF as your output file. Files being scanned should be done so at a
lower resolution (<200 dpi) and any images should be reduced to
a lower resolution as to ensure that they will not to be rejected
by the system.
Experiential: Student counseling
experience within a college setting preferred.
Instructional Supervisor: Dean, Student
Posting Date: August 2, 2021
Revised: August 3, 2021
Starting Annual Salary Range: with
Master's degree $51, 883-$58,109; Master's degree
+30-$53,989-$60,468; Doctorate $57,882-$64,828
Application Review Begins: August 19, 2021
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the
application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources,
863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com