Assistant Director of Development
Under the general direction of the Director of Development –
Athletics, the Assistant Director of Development is responsible for
the planning, development and implementation of initiatives aimed
at increasing the athletics annual giving program by developing the
Lancer Athletic Association ( LAA ) membership program,
coordinating LAA events, and supporting the development and
stewardship efforts of University Advancement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds
independently when possible.
2. Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes,
and resolutions for meetings.
3. Responsible for the Development and implementation the LAA
membership and annual fund drive to include direct mail
solicitation, renewals, phone-a-thon, and thank-a-thon.
4. Manage student-athlete and program participation in LAA Annual
Fund and stewardship initiatives.
5. Primary contact for stewardship of LAA donors <$1,000
6. Manage and maintain crowdfunding websites and content.
7. Assist in coordinating LAA Board meetings and events.
8. Develop and monitor donor files in order to coordinate assigned
campaigns, fundraising, and stewardship activities.
9. Develop written and electronic materials to support campaign
10. Participate in public relations endeavors to support LAA
appeals and campaigns.
11. Develop and maintain LAA presence through various social media
12. Maintain a positive professional relationship with the
community, and organizations that have an interest in or provide
support to California Baptist University.
13. Events may require flexible hours which may be held early
morning, evenings, or weekends
14. Collaborate with CBU Alumni Relations to implement and grow
Athletic Alumni and Donor events.
15. Manage and coordinate preparations for LAA events such as
Homecoming, alumni games and pregame events and other LAA
16. Manage solicitation and event management for the annual Lancer
17. Manage duties and responsibilities of student worker and event
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
§ Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing,
prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
§ Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
§ Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
§ Knowledge of general accounting principles
§ Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to
two years successful experience related to fundraising and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2