To assist the head swimming coach in the administration and
operation of the swimming program consistent with the policies of
Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and
other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American
• Responsible for operating budget
• Researching prospective student-athletes for recruitment as
Other Essential Responsibilities:
• Assist the head coach in the planning and administration of daily
• Assist in team travel under the direction of the head
• Assist in equipment ordering, tracking and distribution.
• Assist in academic monitoring.
• Monitor, track and submit CARA logs weekly.
• Plan team functions throughout the season (i.e. team building,
banquet, etc.) including reservations of facilities.
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for the team’s social
media platforms and coordinate messaging with the sports
• Work with the head coach to develop and distribute newsletters
for various publics.
• Meet entry submissions through Hy-Tek.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach.
• Execute all necessary responsibilities in the absence of the head
• Conduct the swimming program in accordance with all NCAA rules,
including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record
keeping for recruiting and playing/practice season, monitoring
eligibility of student-athletes in the program, successfully
completing the annual NCAA Certification test, and assisting in the
education of student-athletes about NCAA rules and participate in
department activities, including service on committees and
attendance at all scheduled meetings.
• This position specifically supports the mission of the University
and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in
institutional compliance with NCAA and conference rules and
Bachelor's degree; experience coaching at the collegiate, high
school, club level and/or equivalent professional experience;
knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Ability to work with
individuals from diverse backgrounds and promote an inclusive work
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits
harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40
years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression,
genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry),
pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster
parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its
application and admission processes, educational programs and
activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests
for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to
employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and
safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to
read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics,
and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to
prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and
alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This
report also contains information on programs and policies designed
to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating
violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this
website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students.
Written notification is also provided to prospective students and
employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety
Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department
at (513) 529-2223.