The Instructional Technologist II supports the use of the Digital
Credentialing/Badging system, LMS, and other digital learning
technology. Develops learning products used in training and
instruction. Identifies and helps resolve routine problems with
digital learning technology. Conducts research and analysis in an
effort to resolve issues involving the use and implementation of
digital learning technology. Works with Instructional Design staff
to identify and implement technology solutions that enhance student
learning and that complement the chosen pedagogical approaches.
Prepares, develops, and delivers training products and sessions on
the use and implementation of digital learning technology.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that
practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate
expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students
to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently
diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic
and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender
identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural
traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives
to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just
because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our
University stronger. The University community recognizes the
importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these
ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and
inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to
apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow
and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Administers and supports the Digital Credentialing/Badging
system and its integration with the LMS. Supports other digital
learning technology including Canvas (LMS) and its integrated
- Serves as technical consultant for instructional design.
- Produces and develops audio/video material for use in training
and instruction. Designs, develops and revises multimedia and
interactive learning products.
- Monitors changes to the LMS and coordinates the communication
of updates on changes.
- Researches and analyzes the current needs in digital learning
to identify appropriate technology for the delivery of learning
- Collaborates with university partners and faculty to create and
maintain digital badge profiles.
- Stays informed about digital learning technology developments.
Collaborates with colleagues to make recommendations
- Reviews documentation, user guides, and tutorials and
recommends improvement as needed. Creates user documentation on the
use of various digital learning technologies.
- Using a variety of technology, develops instructional material.
Collaborates with Instructional Design team and faculty to design
and develop digital badge courses.
- Investigates and promotes innovative uses of emerging
technology/tools to support best practices in teaching and
- Develops relationships with others throughout the university to
advocate needs and obtains resources to advance online and digital
- Develops new techniques, processes, and procedures to enhance
support of and the use of digital learning technology.
- Reviews progress, evaluates results, recommends new processes,
and promotes best practices.
Additional Job Description
- Serves as a member on project teams.
- Assists/trains student workers as required.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Education,
Education Technology, Instructional Design, or closely related
- Two years of professional full-time experience providing
technology support, assisting in the development of courses and
learning activities for courses delivered via a Learning Management
System and supporting faculty in the use of a Learning Management
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience troubleshooting learning management system (i.e.,
Canvas, etc.) problems and user issues.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Educational
Technology, Instructional Design, or closely related field.
- Three years of professional full-time experience with
instructional design and integration of technology used to deliver
courses via a Learning Management System and supporting faculty in
the use of a Learning Management System.
- Experience developing content, including audio, video, and
graphic material, for use in instruction.
Salary Range: $42,500 - $46,000
- Knowledge of learning management systems (Canvas, etc.) and
other commonly used digital learning technologies.
- Knowledge of learning theory and principles, instructional
design process, and common issues surrounding the use of digital
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and
- Ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and
perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse
community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on
- Ability to learn new software tools for the support of learning
materials used in online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.