Team Liaison, Custodial
***New hires for this position will be eligible for a $750
sign-on bonus at the completion of 180 days of
Coordinates the work within the team to clean and maintain
buildings under the direction of the Custodial Supervisor while
performing core Custodial work tasks.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a
criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment
screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional
• Inspects fire extinguishers and oversees the monthly inspection
of fire extinguishers.
• Supports supervisor in ongoing technical and safety
• Responsible for equipment and supply requisition.
• Responsible for identifying damage and missing items from
assigned areas and reports such to supervisor.
• Facilitates the daily work in coordination with the supervisor
and provides status updates.
• Reports all safety hazards and works in conjunction with
supervisor to provide a safe work environment.
• Monitors Events Reports to oversee completion of set ups for
• Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from
• Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in
accordance with established departmental practices and
• Acts as a liaison between building occupants and
• Maintains established schedules and standards.
• Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and kitchens; restocks
• Vacuums, dust mops and wet mops floors, and spot-washes walls.
Dusts or vacuums furniture.
• Arranges classroom furniture, cleans chalkboards &
whiteboards, restocks chalk, markers and erasers.
• Cleans entrances and elevators. Sweeps outside steps and polices
the outside perimeter of the building.
• Collects and removes all trash.
• Arranges furniture in social spaces/lounges.
• Prepares daily work order log.
• Interacts appropriately with the customer.
• Identifies damage and missing items from assigned areas and
reports such to their supervisor.
• Supports the College’s Recycling program.
• Operates and maintains equipment such as auto scrubbers, sweepers
• Washes windows.
• Responsible for cleaning up any blood spills/accidents using
• May provide input for performance reviews.
• Sets up and removes furniture and equipment for special
• Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in
obtaining and maintaining its mission.
High school diploma preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of cleaning techniques, products and equipment. Ability
to communicate both written and orally.
• Able to follow written and oral instructions. Able to follow a
• Able to establish and maintain working relations with
supervisors, fellow workers, students, faculty and the rest of the
• May be required to work independently. Must be able to work
overtime or on weekends as required.
Custodial and proven organizational experience preferred.
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this
(Category B screen)
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background
check. Information on our background check policy can be found
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/24238
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity,
equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury
recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from
across the United States and around the world. Middlebury
encourages applications from women, people of color, people with
disabilities, and members of other protected classes and
historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites
applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment
to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the