Civil Service -Extra Help
Extra Help - Paraprofessional
Position's Functional Title
ITS - Support Services Assistant - Extra Help
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
The primary focus of the IT-Support Service Assistant
help with the Information Technology Services ( ITS ) department’s
Covid requirements. Duties will include the cleaning of technology,
basic Service Desk duties and tasks. Provide ITS management with
updates and reports via various technologies.
80% Cleaning technology in classrooms and labs to comply with Covid
10% Assisting the Service Desk team with day to day duties and
tasks, based on availability.
10% Other duties as assigned of which include, but not limited to,
participating in the administration of various applications.
• Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment
• Ability to communicate effectively via email and verbal
• Assists with questions and problems courteously and
• Reporting of status or issues
• Maintain effective working relations with Company personnel
• Ensure GSU’s professional reputation is maintained
Hourly Rate: $12-$18 per hour - based on experience
• Demonstrated work experience in IT-related profession or
using/maintaining IT-technology tools to complete tasks.
• College course work in Information Technology (IT), IT
Management, or a closely related discipline.
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• Windows 10 certification, or similar training/experience
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a list of three professional references with current
This is a temporary assignment which will end when funding or hours
is exhausted. Employees in this position performs a variety of
duties as assigned by their supervisor and outlined above.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your availability? Are you seeking full-time or
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- List of Three Professional References
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License
- Written Response to Interview Question 1