ASSISTANT PROFESSOR VETERINARY SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY (other ranks
If College Year, Please fill in period of no
Appointment Start date
Appointment End date
Salary Grade Level
Full Time or Part Time
If Part-Time, fill in %
Search Contact Phone/Extension
Search Contact Email
Search Contact Fax
Julie Parkman is the chair of the search committee.
Job Summary/Basic Function
Full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor (other ranks
considered) position in the Veterinary Science Department.
Job Requirements & Essential Functions of the Job
- Teach face-to-face lecture and hands-on labs, and possibly online
and flex classes, in large animal medicine and surgery, clinical
veterinary laboratory courses, and other courses in the veterinary
- Perform canine and feline spays and castrations.
- Oversight of the use of controlled substances in the program (
DEA and NYS DOH BNE ).
- Student advisement; curriculum development and revision;
participate in student and program assessment; scholarship;
continuing growth; university service.
- DVM, VMD or equivalent (candidates for Lecturer rank must have at
least an LVT and a master’s degree).
- At least one year of experience in a food animal, equine, or
mixed animal practice.
- Current New York State license to practice veterinary
- Ability to perform small animal surgeries, mainly canine and
feline spays and castrations.
- Prior college level teaching experience.
- At least 3 years of practice experience with food animal and
- Small animal practice experience.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Contact SUNY Canton Human Resources at (315) 386-7325 if you
experience any issues in applying for this position.
The screening and selection process is currently underway and will
continue until a successful candidate is chosen. Should review of
your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy
further, you will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this
position at SUNY Canton.
Based on your responses to the questions on the employment
application, you do not meet the minimum required qualifications
for this position. Thank you for your interest in this position at
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Insight to Diversity
- North Country Now
- Watertown Daily Times
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Do you meet the minimum requirements for this job?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Diversity Statement
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Unofficial Transcripts