This position will be open until filled.
The Director of Financial Aid will provide
administrative oversight of the Financial Aid Office in adherence
to the college's overall vision and mission. The Director ensures
compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies,
procedures, and regulations that pertain to eligibility
determination, awarding, and disbursement of financial aid, as well
as effective service to students in all financial aid offices. The
Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the hiring, training,
supervision, and evaluation of assigned personnel.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of post- secondary financial aid
management experience, including 2 years supervisory/management
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Valid Driver's License
$72,731 - $92,732
- Experience creating and/or contributing to a strategic enrollment
- Knowledge of financial management systems software.
Job Specific Task List:
1. Ensure the accurate, timely administration of institutional,
federal, and state financial assistance; develop, review and update
guidelines and processes to ensure effectiveness and best practices
and implements a plan for awarding and distributing funds to
eligible students. - (Essential)
2. Stay current with changes in financial aid policy to ensure
compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies and
regulations; develop exceptional expertise in content area; remain
current on new and innovative practices in the field; develop and
maintain a network with colleagues through professional
organizations and other types of professional alliances; attend
state, regional and national conferences; and benchmark with peer
institutions. - (Essential)
3. Ensure the creation and successful implementation of policies,
procedures and activities related to Financial aid, consistent with
HACC’s overall mission and strategic plan; identify and resolve
problems; ensure consistent application of rules and regulations
and handle complex and high-level complaints or issues consulting
with other college leadership as necessary; develop and implement a
plan for awarding and distributing funds to eligible students in a
timely, accurate, and equitable manner. - (Essential)
4. Provide leadership and direction to all financial aid offices to
ensure we maximize excellent service and communication to current
and prospective students; maximize use of technology to promote
efficiency leading to better overall student service. -
5. Hire, train, develop, motivate, supervise and evaluate staff
consistent with organizational and strategic goals. -
6. Prepare reports, annual audits, and program reviews required by
federal and state agencies and works with internal and external
auditors to ensure compliance with federal and state rules;
routinely review financial aid forms and oversees the creation and
revision of these forms. - (Essential)
7. Ensure timely, accurate communication to ensure prompt responses
to inquiries and provide robust outreach programs including
workshops, information sessions, and awareness events; ensure
accurate, current and accessible information is available to
potential and current students via multiple media sources,
including print materials, college website and publicly managed
information sources. - (Essential)
8. Develop and implement regular systems of data collection,
reporting and analysis, using information to inform functions and
improve performance; create and implement a performance management
program to measure the performance and effectiveness of all
recruitment activities and staff. - (Essential)
9. Collaborate and work in partnership with the Foundation and
Student Accounts to administer all internal and external
scholarships in a timely, efficient manner. - (Essential)
10. Develops a budget and prudently manages finances throughout the
fiscal year, adhering to state, federal, and HACC fiscal policies
and procedures. Direct the preparation of departmental budgets,
financial reports, and grant-related budgets; monitor revenues and
expenditures for best use of resources. - (Essential)
12. Travel to all HACC locations regularly, conduct regular group
and individual meetings with Financial Aid staff, represent the
Financial Aid Office college-wide, respond to requests from HACC
leadership and consistently receive feedback from stakeholders to
maximize the effectiveness of all Financial Aid activities; build
and maintain effective communication and relationships with staff
and academic leaders; including global education, health careers,
non-credit, and College leaders. - (Essential)
13. Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Nov 05, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time