About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal
arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the
main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our
campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is
accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
(NECHE). Curry College offers 22 undergraduate majors, over 60
minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College mission is to educate and graduate students
prepared to engage in successful careers and active citizenship
with a global perspective. They are an inclusive community of
diverse learners and educators, committed to continuing their
legacy of developing effective communicators with reflective and
critical thinking skills. They mentor and empower their students,
building meaningful relationships that inspire them to achieve
Curry College provides rigorous and relevant academic programs
to undergraduate and graduate students, and their rich blend of
liberal arts and career-directed programs is enhanced by practical
field experiences and co-curricular activities. Learning at Curry
extends beyond the classroom and is embedded in all that they
Diversity and a culture of equity and inclusion among students,
faculty and staff are crucial to the mission statement of Curry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
The Senior Application Engineer is a member of the Enterprise
Applications team and is responsible for partnering with the
Business Owners, End Users, and Third Party Agents to drive
innovation, efficiency, and accuracy by developing and implementing
solutions in accordance with business needs.
Responsibilities include managing the design, development,
testing, implementation, support, maintenance, and continuous
improvement of new and legacy systems assigned to the
Engineer. The Engineer meets with the Business Owners, End
Users, and Third Party Agents to identify systems solutions to meet
functional needs, streamline processes, and ensure the highest
levels of availability, integrity, performance, and protection of
Enterprise Applications. The Engineer will be responsible for
technical implementation of security policies and procedures as
defined by the Enterprise Applications Services group.
The Senior Application Engineer is an experienced professional
who has an in-depth understanding of system integrations and system
management; will independently perform a full range of
responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job
knowledge; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines
1. Responsibilities of System Owner:
- Responsible for the planning, direction and oversight of the
Enterprise Applications including Banner and Salesforce;
- Provides consultation and support to the to the Business Owners
to resolve technical, workflow, and data issues as well as
- Uses ticketing system to record, classify, and resolve client
incidents and service requests;
- Partners with the Business Owners to develop reports, views,
forms, integrations, etc.;
- Provides leadership guidance and management oversight for
critical incident resolutions and root cause analysis;
- Translates business requirements into technical specifications
for projects to be done independently or by vendors and consultants
and drive projects to successful completion;
- Seeks opportunities for automation and improvement of current
processes resulting in efficiencies;
- Works with application vendors, and Business Owners to schedule
upgrades, enhancements, and security/regulatory patches;
- Maintains and documents Enterprise Applications in accordance
with industry standards;
- Assist in the design, development, modification, and
documentation of applications security standards;
- Works with internal and external partners to plan and test the
disaster recovery plan;
- Performs annual audit of users, profiles, and security.
2. Professional Development:
- Stay current on best practices for Enterprise Applications and
commit to training and professional development;
- Cross train with and mentor team members to improve overall
administration of systems and applications to ensure efficient and
effective delivery of technology resources.
3. Customer Service:
- Promote departmental culture of exemplary customer
- Maintain an effective and positive system of communication
4. Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the college network,
systems and data;
- Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies and
- Recommend updates to college policies and internal
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant technical
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Experience utilizing/managing Linux servers.
- Experience in Python.
- Experience with PL/SQL or SQL.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Strong organizational/project management skills.
- Expert requirements gathering skills needed to create business
and functional project or reporting specifications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures to
make recommendations for process improvements.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from
managers, end-users and staff.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends in response to
support and project issues to minimize downtime during production
hours and to respond to emergencies.
- Experience with Banner/ERP application, infrastructure, and
- Experience with a CRM, and data & analytics platforms.
- Experience building/managing API.
- Experience with platform/system integration.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry
College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique
identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain
working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and
At the College's discretion, the education and experience
prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate,
to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of
education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for
success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful
completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to
the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at
Rachel.email@example.com, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic
Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of
Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post
Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617)
Please apply online at
for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the
- a cover letter
- a resume; and
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a
former or current supervisor, including complete contact
information and professional titles.