80911 - H - RamBike Technician 1
Parking & Transportation
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Anticipated Hiring Range
Monroe Park Campus
Normal work days
Normal work hours
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the
VCU Health System?
Does this position require a pre-placement medical
Is any portion of this position grant-funded?
Description of the Job
The Bike Technician supports the mission of RamBikes by inspecting
and repairing bicycles brought to the facility and in the RamBikes
fleet. This position also assists in promoting VCU’s alternative
transportation options and sustainability goals.
Additionally, the Bike Technician will assist with planning and
implementing strategies to improve bike culture at VCU . Strategies
include developing and implementing new uses for the existing bike
fleet as well as working to infuse bike culture into the
residential student population at VCU in collaboration with the
Office of Sustainability. This particular position will also assist
in advertising bicycle services to the campus population through
various marketing strategies and social media.
Some duties include, but are not limited to:
- Fix and maintain bicycles used for RamBikes bike loan
- Fix bicycles for VCU Community on as-needed basis
- Assist with bike/alternative transportation educational
programs and special events
- Perform clerical work and other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a
staff member at VCU .
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of bike industry
- Knowledge of bike building standards for various models
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of all Microsoft
- Able to provide exceptional customer service
- Able to work in a diverse environment
- An interest in connecting with the student population through
in-person advocacy and social media outreach
Bike mechanic experience preferred
Job Open Date
Remove from posting on or before
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * List any experience working with your hands
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe any instructional experience you have, such
as leading workshops.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document