A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine (ATSU-SOMA)
in Arizona is seeking an Executive Assistant for the Mesa, Arizona
campus. This position reports to the Dean of ATSU-SOMA.
The executive assistant provides strong administrative support for
the ATSU-SOMA dean to meet the mission and vision of the school.
Provides management support for the Director of Operations for
budget/accounting reporting. Additionally, supports associate and
assistant deans, department chairs, faculty, staff, and students.
Duties consist of but are not limited to coordinating all major
departmental activities, calendar management for the dean,
scheduling and coordinating meetings, travel management for the
deans and maintain high-level communication and professional
representation of the Dean of ATSU-SOMA. Records and distributes
minutes from meetings of Accreditation Committee, Catalog
Committee, Awards Committee, and Strategic Planning Committee.
Processes check requests from the Deans' office and travel
reimbursements as they relate to the Dean’s needs. Works closely
with the Self-Study team to prepare and submit accreditation
correspondence, reports, and other documents.
Major Job Duties:
- Provides administrative support for the ATSU-SOMA dean,
associate, and assistant deans, department chairs, faculty, staff,
- Initiates correspondence from the dean and associate deans to
both internal stakeholders and external individuals and
organizations (ex. accrediting bodies—COCA) including confidential
and high-level correspondence.
- Dean’s office liaison to ATSU Advancement, Alumni Services,
Facilities, Student Affairs, the President’s Office and other ATSU
- Maintains accreditation documents, university, and school
policies, and high-level school files.
- Records, publishes, and distributes minutes from high-level
academic committee meetings.
- Project management and tracking for assigned grants and awards,
including MOUs, budgets and reports.
- Provides management support for the Director of Operations for
- Assists in preparing and delivering confidential Human Resource
status forms, faculty contracts, job postings, and personnel
- Assists the Dean and Assistant Dean of Student Achievement with
the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) preparation and
delivery by scheduling the preparation timeline meetings for
collaborative review prior to final submission.
- Prepares the AZ Postsecondary documents for the president’s
- Event management related to ATSU-SOMA (i.e., White Coat
Ceremony, Innovators’ Gala, Graduation, New Class Orientation,
etc.) including the preparation of the Gala and Commencement
program, any event scripts, and assists with the development of
- Manages guest speaker arrangements for major ATSU-SOMA
- Assists in the budget management for major ATSU-SOMA events
- Schedules cost-effective and timely travel for the ATSU-SOMA
dean, associate and assistant deans.
- Performs all administrative clerical duties required to support
the ATSU-SOMA dean.
- Mange highly confidential information for the Dean and
ATSU-SOMA at large.
- Provide HIGH-LEVEL customer service to students, vendors,
business partners, community members, etc., including conflict
- Prepares necessary correspondences from ATSU-SOMA dean,
associate, and assistant deans.
- Engage as a member of the ATSU-SOMA team, building successful
working relationships, providing collaboration and teamwork to help
initiate, maintain, and complete successful projects and
- Assist the Dean and Assistant Dean of Student Achievement with
the MSPE for each graduating student.
- Makes travel arrangements and processes travel expense reports
for the Dean.
- Creates purchasing requests and check requests for the
- Maintains scheduling & travel for the Dean.
- Collaborates with university leadership, administration,
department chairs, faculty, alumni, students, staff, and other
professionals on various issues.
- Provide support to the administration, ATSU-SOMA faculty, and
staff as assigned.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of all information
pertaining to university business, personnel, and student
- Coordinates with administration and faculty on compiling
accreditation documentation and delivery of the documents.
- Serves as primary source for resolving problems within the
scope of the position.
- Back up support for the ATSU-SOMA administration staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the deans and Director of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
editing, for in-person, phone and correspondence.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Managerial skills for work assignments and
- Problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Detailed and task oriented.
- Supportive, detail-oriented, team-oriented, professional
appearance and personality, flexible and independent worker, and
self-starter. Able to encourage and mentor subordinates.
- An academic background is strongly desired.