Director of Recruitment and Corporate Outreach, Computing and
Data Science Programs
Salem CampusPortland Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
The Director of Recruitment and Corporate Outreach manages the
daily operations and admissions processes of all graduate programs,
certificates and workshops and assists as necessary with
undergraduate recruiting in computing and data science. This
position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management
and coordinates effectively with the Executive Director of
Computing and Data Science.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and
- Develop, execute, and assess recruitment and yield activities
in all graduate programs, certificates, and workshops in computing
and data science.
- Manage student enrollment, enrollment targets, and summarizing
reports for internal and external audiences.
- Work directly with the Executive Director to develop admissions
and Financial Aid/Scholarship standards and criteria and
coordinates with the Director of Financial Aid and the University
- Oversee the graduate application process, including operational
workflow and credential verification. Work to ensure procedural
compliance with federal policies, regulations, and laws related to
admissions and financial aid.
- Conduct student admissions interviews and make decision
recommendations to the Executive Director and program
- Assist with communication related to recruitment and yield
activities, alumni relations, community outreach, and student
- Work with the marketing and communications team to develop web
and media content, including recruitment publications and
- Manage the recruitment CRM, including filter and query
development, event registration pages, and database
- Build relationships and conduct informational calls and visits
with local employers, agencies, organizations, and influential
members of the community.
- Actively promote computing and data science programs in a
variety of contexts and communities within the region.
- Work with the Executive Director and faculty to plan, develop
and execute specialized certificate programs, workshops and bespoke
instruction for regional organizations.
- Facilitate ongoing discussions with regional leaders about
hiring trends and curricular needs.
- Coordinate effectively with campus career centers and
- Assist in the management of internal operations in both
Portland and Salem, including contracted service providers (food,
custodial, and security), local business associations, the city of
Portland, and the city of Salem.
- Plan and facilitate multiple student orientation programs and
annual commencement activities in collaboration with the Registrar
and President's office.
- Analyze and reconcile the recruitment and operations budget.
Reduce inefficiencies by managing costs and expenditures. Work with
the Vice President for Enrollment Management and campus offices to
prepare tuition forecast reports and coordinate tuition billing and
scholarship disbursement. Protect and ensure proper use of
University resources and monies.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administrators to plan the
annual course schedule. Ensure academic regulations and
expectations are well-communicated and adhered to.
- Maintain a strong and open working relationship with members of
the faculty and senior management team to ensure the continued
development of, and adherence to, a cohesive growth
- Safeguard confidential information by exercising discretion in
communications to faculty, students, staff, alumni, donors and
external audiences related to admission/recruitment/student/alumni
records and files, personnel situations, performance evaluations,
grade reports, merit, promotion and tenure decisions, and all other
- A bachelor's degree and significant academic recruiting
experience are required.
- Demonstrated managerial excellence, including budgetary acumen,
in academic, nonprofit/government, or corporate
- Experience with and commitment to building new programs within
an academic institution.
- Excellent oral/written communication and institutional research
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of constituencies
including students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni,
trustees, government and nonprofit officials, and business
- Comfort with working on two campuses (i.e., Salem and Portland)
on a variable schedule as duties require.
- Requires a high degree of judgment and discretion in task
fulfillment and skill in effectively executing several activities
for both students and alumni.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, as well as to travel for
extended periods of time.
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain
harmonious relations with other staff, faculty, and
Typical Work Schedule
- A master's degree and experience with technically-oriented
academic programs is preferred.
Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend hours expected.
Travel between the Portland and Salem campuses expected.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office
Salary Range: $75,000 to $80,000
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received
until the position is filled
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your
application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Director-of-Recruitment-and-Corporate-Outreach--Computing-and-Data-Science-Programs_R0003726
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume