MATH INSTRUCTOR (ALGEBRA) PT
RICHARD J. DALEY COLLEGE
Richard J. Daley College is looking to hire a PT Instructor to
teach Algebra in the Continuing Education Algebra Program. This
course gives an introduction into the basics of Algebra and reviews
algebraic expressions. Includes: equations, graphing, inequalities
- Teaches classes and provides instruction to students enrolled
in developmental/pre-college level courses in mathematics
- Implements instructional plans to improve students’ proficiency
- Creates lesson plans and provides instruction to students on a
range of developmental mathematics courses including
basic/elementary math, pre-algebra, and immediate algebra. Teaches
strategies for improving math skills.
- Integrates critical thinking into the learning
- Uses a variety of teaching methods to assist students with
differing educational levels and learning styles in meeting
- Grades assignments with a focus on the mechanics of utilizing
- Prepares and grades exams, evaluates performance and assigns
- Participates in developing and revising curriculum and course
content for areas of instruction assigned to improve student
learning and quality of instruction.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings to discuss program
related issues, students’ progress, strengths and challenges. Makes
collaborative decisions on program changes.
- Attends and participates in staff development activities and
workshops, student conferences, and program orientation.
- Maintains required class records on student attendance and
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
- Bachelor’s in Math, Applied Mathematics, Math Education or
bachelors in related field such as Physics, Engineering, Chemistry
or MBA with at least 15 college level math credits, with a grade of
A or B.
- Fifteen graduate hours in math may be substituted if the
candidate does not have a bachelor’s in math, applied math, math
education, physics, engineering or chemistry or MBA.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!