The section of Cardiology at Baylor College of Medicine is looking
for an entry level professional nurse who possesses a general
knowledge of nursing practice in the ambulatory care setting. This
role will assist physicians with treatment room examination and
procedures, schedule tests and appointments, answer patient calls,
record and communicate information to referring physicians, and
oversee the IRN clinic. This position may serve as a resource for
Licensed Vocational Nurses and unlicensed staff members.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and
safe patient care and a positive patient experience.
- Adheres to the scope of practice as defined by the Texas Nurse
- Provides professional nursing assessment of patients.
- Assists with treatment room examination and procedures on
- Schedules appointments, tests, and examinations with hospital
and other doctor’s offices.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient’s
electronic medical record.
- Instructs patients concerning the preparations needed for tests
and surgical procedures.
- Communicates with other health care professionals regarding
orders and care of patients.
- Executes physician orders and administers medications and
treatments for patients.
- Promotes patient’s independence by involving patient in
defining and establishing patient care goals; teaching and
counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their
understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides telephone triage to patients and ensure patients
receive the right level of care.
- Monitors or supervises Licensed Vocational Nurses and
unlicensed staff members by directing, guiding, and influencing the
outcome of an individual’s performance and activity.
- Respects and supports patient rights and promotes positive
family and patient relations.
- Prioritizes and organizes work so that assignments are
completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identifies and supports basic cost containment and efficiency
for patients and the clinic.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks, and orders
treatment room supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among
health care teams by communicating information, responding to
requests, and building rapport by participating in team
- Oversees INR Clinic.
- Proficient in IV insertion.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of
Texas Board of Nursing. Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
- Experience in ambulatory clinic setting and familiarity with
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; Science