The section of Cardiology at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking
an expert level professional nurse who demonstrates a mastery level
of proficiency in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care
setting. The individual will assist physicians with treatment room
examination and procedures, schedule tests and appointments, answer
patient calls, record and communicate information to referring
physicians. This role serves as a resource for department,
Registered Nurses I & II's, and unlicensed clinical staff
members. Cardiology related experience as a registered nurse is
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and
safe patient care and a positive patient experience.
- Adheres to the scope of practice as defined by the Texas Nurse
- Provides professional nursing assessment of patients.
- May ensure efficient operation of the clinic or unit by
scheduling and planning for use of staff, supplies, and
- Assists with treatment room examination and procedures on
- Schedules appointments, tests, and examinations with hospital
and other doctor’s offices.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient’s
electronic medical record.
- Instructs patients concerning the preparations needed for tests
and surgical procedures.
- Communicates with other health care professionals regarding
orders and care of patients.
- Executes physician orders and administers medications and
treatments for patients.
- Promotes patient’s independence by involving patient in
defining and establishing patient care goals; teaching and
counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their
understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides telephone triage to patients and ensure patients
receive the right level of care.
- Monitors Licensed Vocational Nurses, Registered Nurses I’s, and
unlicensed staff members by directing, guiding, and influencing the
outcome of an individual’s performance and activity.
- Participates in the orientation of new clinical staff.
- Respects and supports patient rights and promotes positive
family and patient relations.
- Prioritizes and organizes work so that assignments are
completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identifies and supports basic cost containment and efficiency
for patients and the clinic.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks, and orders
treatment room supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among
health care teams by communicating information, responding to
requests, and building rapport by participating in team
- INR Clinic.
- Profession in IV insertion.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Two years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse
(RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of
Texas Board of Nursing. Basic Life Support (BLS)
- At least one year of relevant experience in Cardiology.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; Science