Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions is accepting
applications for an Assistant Director for Admissions Events. This
is a full-time, benefited position located on our main campus in
The Assistant Director for Admissions Events is integral to the
success of all recruitment and enrollment efforts of Shenandoah
University. The Assistant Director for Admissions Events (AD)
serves to attract and recruit prospective students and families
through events that are specifically designed for targeted
Reporting to the Executive Director of Admissions Operations, the
AD focuses on planning, coordinating, and managing admissions
recruitment events, working enthusiastically and collaboratively
with admissions, campus-wide and community partners. The AD is
responsible for freshmen, transfer, and graduate events across
Shenandoah disciplines. The AD will conduct long-range planning;
and assessment and reporting of event effectiveness.
In addition, the AD will perform in-person and virtual recruitment
presentations and meet with prospective families in the office and
at events, including virtual and on- and off-campus.
The AD is expected to be a fully participating member of the
Admissions team, Recruitment & Marketing division, and the
entire university community. They will participate in all
activities necessary to recruit and retain students to Shenandoah
University in order to meet enrollment goals.
- Recruiting prospective students at the inquiry, application,
acceptance, and deposit stages of the recruitment and enrollment
processes. Implementing recruitment strategies and initiating,
planning, and executing special projects in conjunction with
enrollment goals and objectives. This includes working
independently and as a member of the admissions and enrollment
- Planning, coordinating and executing large and small-scale
recruitment events for prospective students and families, including
the management of Conservatory audition day recruitment
- Using Microsoft environments, including Word and Excel, and
utilizing various softwares including the admissions CRM,
admissions and audition technologies, integrated software
platforms, and university database systems and applications, to
maintain events that integrate with student records and
communications. Developing the ability to manage software set-up,
user experience, trouble-shooting, recordkeeping, and providing
training for colleagues and campus partners.
- Evaluating and assessing events and programs. Develop a system
of recording, tracking and reporting events-related data for use in
assessing effectiveness in recruitment of new students.
- Managing critical details and logistics of recruitment events
including the coordination and production of event-related
materials; reserving and managing location and catering details;
and coordinating with diverse groups of campus partners and
providing on-site management on the day of events.
- Intentionally developing and building relationships and
interaction between prospective students and current students,
faculty through events to articulate and convey the Shenandoah
- Collaborating and assisting with Admissions Operations team
projects and responsibilities.
- Hiring, training, delegating to, supervising, and evaluating
student employees to develop an effective student events team.
- Providing secondary supervision and a structured learning
experience for a graduate student who serves as an Event Assistant
on the Admissions Media team.
- Representing, enthusiastically and professionally, the
university at on- and off- campus recruitment events and
conferences. This includes participation in college fairs and high
school visits; in-state and out-of state travel. Participating in
day, evening, and weekend recruitment activities, some of which
will require overnight travel. Adhering to university policies and
procedures regarding travel.
- Giving admissions presentations to large and small groups as
well as providing tours of main campus and other buildings.
- Participating in activities necessary to recruit and retain
students to Shenandoah University in order to meet enrollment
goals, as assigned.
- Ability to work with a fair amount of autonomy and limited
supervision in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in planning events and/or project coordination.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other people and
- Demonstrated skills making effective, informative presentations
to groups or individuals.
- Demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication
skills is essential.
- Experience with technology and using Microsoft Office
Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience working
with database systems is desired. Experience utilizing admissions
technologies, including university student information systems, is
- Ability to work with some autonomy and limited supervision in a
fast-paced environment that requires the ability to multitask.
- Ability to perform data analysis and create reports and
recommendations using available tools for data-driven
decision-making and planning.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. into and out of a vehicle. Valid
driver’s license with good driving record and ability to pass a
driving background check.
- Ability and willingness to work until the task is completed
successfully is essential.
- Ability and willingness to do some overnight recruitment
travel, as well as seasonal evening and weekend work.
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume and
contact information for three professional references. The review
of applications will begin immediately and continue until a
qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational
experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty,
administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged
to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in
which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check will be required as a
condition of hire. If the job requires driving for University
business, a satisfactory driving record will be required as
At this time, SU is requiring that individuals within certain
groups specifically those who have high levels of contact with
others at the university or pose a greater risk to our community to
be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by August 1 for Fall 2021 or have
at least the first dose by June 1 for groups that will be in person
this summer (with full vaccination following as soon as possible),
unless they have a SU-approved medical or religious exemption
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse
perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally
and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community
where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s
status or on any other basis protected under applicable