A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's athletics
program. T he Head Athletic Trainer
shall manage the
prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of athletic
injuries within the sports medicine program.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Coordinate program development, athletic training facility
operations, coordinates or assigns other athletic trainers, and
provides direction and training to the team of athletic trainers,
interns, or students;
- Screening, prevention, and care of sports-related injuries and
- Provides direct athletic training coverage of athletic
practices and contests, including evening and weekend assignments
- Supervises safety factors of athletic competition by ensuring
the elimination of undue hazards.
- May assist injured athletes in completing and submitting
- Participate in recruitment, as appropriate to the area of
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple
- Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and the
FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Performs miscellaneous and other job-related duties as
- Ability to review, understand, and apply concepts presented in
training programs, conferences, and/or professional
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as
extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors,
and/or loud noises.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and
- Ability to evaluate therapeutic requirements for
student-athletes, and to fit and modify therapeutic and/or
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Must maintain State of Florida Licensure with the Florida Board
of Athletic Trainers.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified as essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training with three (3) plus
years of experience directly related to the duties and
responsibilities specified. Master's degree preferred.
- Compliance with all National Association of Intercollegiate
Athletics (NAIA) governing rules.
- Certified Athletic Trainer. National Athletic Trainers'
Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff, and
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading
skills are required.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, LinkedIn Learning, as well as
knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures. Familiar with Jenzabar
technology suite for higher education.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity