Legal, Audit and Compliance Specialist 1
University Job Family
Legal, Audit & Compliance
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Title IX Case Coordinator
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
Equity And Access Services
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success ( IES
) advances VCU’s commitment to fostering a more diverse, inclusive
and equitable learning and work environment. From equal opportunity
and affirmative action; to transformative success and inclusive
excellence; IES delivers impactful and data-informed diversity and
inclusion programs and strategies, promoting cultural competence,
civil discourse and racial justice.
- Maintain and organize Title IX records in accordance with
federal and state requirements.
- Provide broad case management support to the Title IX unit;
tasks include but are not limited to establishing records,
preparing summaries, and updating case management systems.
- Oversee case management for Title IX and sexual misconduct
cases, which includes the intake, outreach, and response to
allegations of violations of policies
- Review and process incoming Title IX and sexual misconduct
incident reports (IR) from the database and work with the Title IX
Coordinator to assess immediate needs, determine severity and
urgency of concerns and take appropriate action, including
- Serve as the committee organizer for the Sexual Violence Review
- Attend and document Case Coordination meetings.
- Organize and maintain Title IX case records within the Office
case management system.
- Work in collaboration with IES staff to maintain case records
of all active investigations and assignment of investigations by
the Title IX Coordinator.
- Liaise with parties and coordinate events such as interviews or
- Assist in development of protocols, procedures, and policies
for case coordination and accurate documentation, using industry
- Establish, organize, and maintain Title IX records and
correspondences (electronic and hard copy) according to protocol to
ensure prompt and orderly records retrieval.
- Retain documents and files according to the university’s
records retention schedule as well as the Office records retention
- Coordinate transcriptions.
- Draft communications and assist with complaint and audit
- Collaborate with the EO and ADA units within IES to ensure
accurate and appropriate handling of cases.
- Research issues and contribute to projects as needed.
- Provide administrative support functions such as greeting,
scheduling, monitoring deadlines, and answering phones.
- Keep and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff,
and student environment and a commitment to doing so at VCU .
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity,
equity and inclusion
- At least two years of job-related experience.
- An associate’s degree or education and relevant experience that
equates to associate’s degree
- The ability to navigate difficult situations with grace and
- A strong commitment to ethics, to advancing institutional
values, and to social justice.
- Ability to work successfully in both an in-person and remote
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Knowledge of laws and regulations surrounding Title IX of the
Education Amendments of the 1972 Civil Rights Act (Title IX), the
Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization of 2013 ( VAWA ), and
- Demonstrated experience fostering diversity, equity, and
inclusion ( DEI ) in an academic setting.
- Experience working in a public institution.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency in Maxient or a comparable electronic case
- A Bachelor’s degree or or education and relevant experience
that equates to a bachelor’s degree
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
Application Process/Additional Information
*Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words)
providing your career aspirations and contributions toward
promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement,
you can share how your lived experiences, and academic and
professional activities will impact your contributions to VCU’s
mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of
equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly
promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and
celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that
promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or
engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally BIPOC groups
to create a positive and successful organizational experience
Monroe Park Campus
Normal Work Days/Hours
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Other Document