Performs a variety of the more complex accounts payable duties in
accordance with standard procedures. Handles inquiries concerning
payment processing and/or payment issues. May lead the work of
lower level accounts payable analysts.
- Audits purchase vouchers, travel vouchers, credits, purchase
order encumbrances, and/or Procurement Card (P-Card)/Travel Card
transactions in accordance with university and State of Texas rules
and regulations; approves or rejects vouchers through electronic
- Handles and/or assists system setups such as hierarchy, credit
card information, user profile and workflow approval.
- Ensures payment transactions are in compliance with policies
and regulations through independent review.
- Partners with the University community and vendors to resolve
issues and facilitate necessary payment processes.
- Processes vouchers for centrally billed invoices and university
- May handle credit card applications, credit card system,
maintenance and transaction overrides.
- May provide work guidance to Accounts Payable Section
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical
and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college
or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training
program that is directly related to the type of work being
performed. Education: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of
directly job-related experience.