Responsible for the day-to-day management of an aggressive,
pro-active media promotions program. Develops, reviews and edits
all marketing and branding assets prior to release. Performs hands
on creative development to grow audience, build brand and further
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategic
communications and audience building plans for Houston Public Media
(HPM) stations and digital platforms.
- Directs the creative services staff, streamlines work processes
and develops and maintains a collaborative working environment
among various HPM areas.
- Directs assigned marketing and promotions campaigns and
provides guidance to staff writers, producers, graphic designers
and agencies regarding effective branding communications.
- Identifies and cultivates community contacts, with a strong
focus on local partners, as part of proactive strategy to
aggressively increase coverage of HPM.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of campaign budgets
and produces weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Researches and employs new media tools and media monitoring
services to enhance and track the effectiveness of
- Stay current on marketing, branding, design and production
techniques and trends while serving as brand steward across all HPM
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 7 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related
Requires a minimum of two (2) years of managerial leadership
experience in a communications capacity.