Supports individuals and groups within the University of Houston in
all phases of the funding process in an effort to fund projects in
Research Science and Education. Collaborates with other research
entities and private businesses outside of the University System to
coordinate, develop, fund, and implement research projects.
- Identifies and maintains research alliances with potential
collaborative partners to formulate and implement specific research
- Coordinates and assists with writing funding proposals, and
coordinates related activities with the appropriate university
- Identifies technologies with high potential for
commercialization and develop strategies to transfer technologies
into the industrial sector.
- Serves on special projects at the discretion of the
- Acts a liaison between the office of research and the faculty
and funding agencies.
- Coordinates visits of local, state, national, and international
visitors; coordinates meetings/special events for external
- Serves as a program and administrative manager for the funding
process functions; assists in grants and contracting process.
- Assists in developing and organizing research clusters and
facilitates multiple Principle Investigator proposal
- Develops marketing plans for specific technologies, including
newsletters, website, and press releases and announcements.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Masters and 5 years experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional
discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge,
normally acquired through attainment of a Master's Degree or
equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization
that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related