Manages the day-to-day operations for a University of Houston
facility, which includes repairs, maintenance, custodial
operations, level one mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
and physical safety. Coordinates service and related logistics for
facility projects and major facility renovations with Buildings
Stakeholders and Minor and Planned Projects.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and controls activities for the
level one maintenance components and custodial services, and
coordinates activities with other University departments,
contractors, and building tenants for assigned areas.
- Supervises the daily operations and activities of assigned area
staff, including training, and evaluation.
- Conducts inspections of the facility and related areas to
ensure any work to these areas is progressing as scheduled and
meets established quality control standards. Oversees the level one
preventive maintenance schedule/assignments and custodial service
level for all areas.
- Identify repairs and facilities needs and communicates needs
with Zone Manager and Director of Facilities Operations and
Maintenance for purposes of planning.
- Coordinates an environmental program to ensure compliance with
ESPD guidelines and regulatory requirements including ADA and
safety issues. Coordinates security for mechanical and support
areas, and responds to emergencies as necessary.
- Acts as property custodian and coordinates key control for
assigned facilities tools, equipment and facilities management
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
18 months and 3 years experience.
Requires specialized training in basic trades, principles,
procedures, practice, routines or techniques in a specific area or
trade which might normally be acquired through up to 18 months of
education or training beyond the high school level. Vocational
competence in the operation of mechanical or electronic equipment
may be required.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
- 3 years or more commercial custodial work experience, i.e.
hospital, school, hotel etc.
- Able to work nights and weekends when needed
- Will consider experience in lieu of education
Please provide three professional references along
with resume and cover letter.
Notes to Applicant:
Please submit references alone with