Research Security & Forensic Research Analyst
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and
the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our
world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students,
faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the
confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London;
Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto;
Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and
Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through
this network, we expand opportunities for flexible,
student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate
programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to
degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among
these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees
designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and
This position will be responsible for supporting University
departments and researchers ensuring regulatory compliance on
projects with contractual obligations to provide a secure computing
environment. In addition, the Policy Manager & Forensic
Research Analyst will support research integrity proceedings by
performing research and analysis of images, data and information
for the inquiry and investigation phases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer engineering,
MIS, or other related field preferred.
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience and/or other
specialized training can be used in lieu of education
- To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should
be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S.
- Two (2) years of export control, research security, information
security, cybersecurity, information systems security and/or
information systems engineering experience.
- Ability to analyze a variety of research data, including images
to detect areas of further inquiry as part of the research
- Assist in staffing research misconduct proceedings, including
presenting information from analysis.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS CONSIDERED
- Experience with US Government or academic research activities
- Experience in Risk Management and Intelligence
- Experience with NISPOM and managing NIST SP 800-171 IT security
- Familiarity with computer forensic tools and analysis, incident
handing/response, and intrusion detection.
- Knowledge of industrial security administration, contracts, and
- Experience working with Defense Information System Agency
(DISA) Host Based Security System (HBSS) and DISA Assured
Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS).
- Certified information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507316