NOTE TAKER - DISABILITY ACCESS CENTER
Harold Washington College
Harold Washington College is seeking Note Takers to attend class es
with students who have disabilities (i.e. visual or hearing
impairments, learning or other disabilities) to take thorough,
legible, and organized notes from classroom lectures, including
exam dates, assignments, and other pertinent information.
- Take notes in class for students with disabilities.
- Read printed material aloud for students with visual
- Transcribe for students with mobility impairments.
- Assist students with visual impairments in math classes by
copying information from the board in large print.
- Assist students who are visually impaired by using raised line
drawing materials to produce tactile graphs used in Math
- Assist students with visual impairments in science labs by
providing verbal descriptions of visual information.
- Serve as a proctor for students with disabilities during
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with a minimum of one year
post secondary educational experience.
- Must possess an understanding of the basic issues pertinent to
communication with students who have disabilities.
- Ability to take thorough and organized notes utilizing
available technology from information presented verbally in
- Must have legible hand writing, accurate spelling, use of
acceptable grammar, and proficiency in use of computers.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.