Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair
Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including
unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management
and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the
college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting
learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art
technology and active, collaborative learning.
Location address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Technician II supports and maintains computer systems,
desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing,
repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment
while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The Technician II
troubleshoots problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and
provides end user training and assistance where required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC
- Act as a liaison and provide training and support to end users
and staff on computer operations and other issues
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot
level I & II end user workstation hardware, networked
peripheral devices, and networking hardware products
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot
associated end user workstation software and networking software
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of
semi-complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend
and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site
repair as needed
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, texts and/or e-mails
regarding PC and/or hardware problems
- Help maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards,
printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation,
- Construct, install and test customized configurations based on
various platforms and operating systems
- Perform PC hardware and peripheral equipment improvements,
upgrades, and repairs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC Hardware
- Detailed understanding of Windows, Mac, and Unix operating
systems and/or AV systems as required
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural
documentation and OEM guides
- Background of strong customer service orientation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Skilled at explaining technical subjects to non- technical as
well as technical customers
- Has expertise in principles and concepts underlying an area of
- Current and proficient in any new concepts or practices in own
IT discipline, and applies that knowledge to the current work
- Has in-depth understanding of the different aspects of the
College’s purpose and operations (academic; research;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Has some awareness of external trends and best practices
- Demonstrates flexibility and discretion in negotiations with
customers and/or colleagues
- Ability to seek opportunities and set some goals for own
- Ability to follow team and OTS procedures, but regularly
evaluates those procedures
- Ability to know and follow standard operating procedures
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to
perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.45
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.