Administrator 1-3, Student Services
University Job Family
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Assistant Registrar, Degree Audit
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
Records & Registration
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the Assistant Registrar for
Degree Audit manages the daily operations of the Degree Audit area
and staff. Coordinates the processing of all graduation materials
including careful evaluation of credentials. Works in conjunction
with the Associate Registrar to verify that all processes are
completed in a manner to ensure a seamless graduation ceremony and
experience for students, parents, and staff. Assists with the
coordination and preparation of information used in the production
of diploma orders and the Commencement Book. Serves as the primary
trainer of unit staff on student information system functionality
related to all degree audit components and associated supporting
system infrastructure. Serves as the primary scriber translating
bulletin degree requirements into system table language. Works with
staff in Administrative Systems as the Degree Audit Office’s
primary liaison when non-end user system supported updates to
student or course records are necessary including troubleshooting
system functionality, implementing product upgrades, and
maintenance of localizations. Serves as the lead for maintenance of
the Degree Works system tables ensuring accuracy of degree audits
used to check progression towards completion of degree
requirements. Primary edit and report writer for the Degree Audit
area. Assists the Records and Registration department with edit and
report writing. Assists with maintenance of student information
system tables supporting degree program information ensuring
accuracy of internal and external reporting as well as unit and end
user training material.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science,
business, statistics, or related field and/or an equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
• Superior analytical and rational deduction abilities.
• Strong and diplomatic communication abilities, both oral and
• Strong organizational skills and ability to follow written and
oral procedures with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to attend to details with minimal errors and
• Proven ability to learn, retain and recall new information and
processes quickly and effectively.
• Proven ability to perform with confidence with minimal
• Initiative and problem solving skills associated with researching
and solving complex degree requirements translated into system
• Ability to compile statistical/analytical data to support program
goals and objectives.
• Exceptional written communication and documentation skills.
• Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Technology skills to include knowledge of Microsoft desktop
• Knowledge of report writer in computer language e.g. SAS, SAS EG,
or similar high level report writing language.
• Experience with a student information system and/or degree audit
product e.g. SSB and INB Banner, CAPP, Degree Works.
• Experience evaluating upgrades to a vendor supplied student
• Several years of experience in an enrollment services area of a
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
up to $55,000
Application Process/Additional Information
Monroe Park Campus
Normal Work Days/Hours
Mon - Fri, 8a - 5p
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Accounting/ Management/ Professional
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you have some experience working with a database
application such as MS Access, SQL, or SAS?
- * Describe your experience where you have demonstrated a
knowledge of applications/languages such as SAS with Enterprise
Guide, SQL, Excel, Access, etc. Please emphasize any experience in
determining reporting needs and developing reports.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe any experience with coding, data reporting,
spreadsheets, or databases.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your management style.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document