TUTOR - RADIOGRAPHY PROGRAM - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
A Tutor provides students with tutoring and instructional support
in Radiography to improve their academic capabilities and progress
academically, while promoting independent learning and
self-reliance. Tutors assist tutees in developing and improving
their competency in radiography course work; and help students
integrate didactic learning into applicable hands on training.
Tutors may work inside the classroom as embedded tutors; tutor
students in radiography; and provide on-line tutoring services to
students enrolled in remote learning courses. Performs related
duties as required.
- Provides academic assistance and tutoring to students on an
individual or group basis on in radiography.
- Tutors students to help them gain a deeper comprehension of
core radiography principles and a better understanding of work
assignments to improve their academic success.
- Crafts effective tutoring plans to address tutee’s weaknesses
and strengths; motivates students and provides them with confidence
to feel successful.
- Provides students with learning strategies including ways to
improve study skills and retention, how to organize work, effective
use of time, and how to build better study habits.
- Schedules individual tutoring sessions at the Academic Support
Center, based on students requests for tutoring in a specific
- Assists the tutee in problem solving and applying critical
thinking techniques in the context of a specific discipline or
- Helps students develop positive attitudes and a high level of
motivation towards learning and studying, build self-confidence and
reduce anxiety or fear of failure in academic work.
- Tutors students and provide students with strategies to develop
effective study habits and skills to improve academic
- Prepares students for standardized testing and provides
strategies to overcome test anxiety.
- Participates in tutor orientation and attends professional
development and training sessions to increase competency in subject
areas and improve tutoring skills.
- May conduct academic skill reviews and lead workshops on
- Provide ongoing communication with students, Instructors and
academic advisors regrading academic progress of individual
- Maintains records on tutoring activities.
- Provides periodic student assessments and evaluations as
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or
university in higher in a field of study and subject area related
to the subject(s) being tutored, OR be a c ertified American
Registry of Radiologic Technologist and have licensure by the
Illinois Emergency Management Agency license
- Completion of tutoring certification preferred.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, or delivering academic
support to students at the post- secondary instructional level is
- Experience working in a large, urban community college
environment with a diverse cultural and ethnic student body is
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Previous experience using BrightSpace and Zoom preferred