The University of Colorado Boulder Athletics Department encourages
applications for a Director of Player Development for the Men's
program. Under the general direction of the Head Men
Basketball Coach, this position is responsible for assisting the
Head Coach in the overseeing of recruitment of student athletes,
game scheduling and the mentoring of student athletes. The Colorado
Men's Basketball program competes in the Pac-12 Conference in a
nationally recognized Division I program, that supports student
athletes not only in their athletic goals but also in their
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and
objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall
include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s
Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core
Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and
regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the
prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only
member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to
directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative
research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and
students work with the broader community to establish outstanding
connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and
around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Recruiting Student Athletes:
- Monitor pre-season conditioning and training of team
- Academic Liaison. Track academic progress of
- Serve as a mentor to student-athletes in athletic, academic,
personal, and disciplinary affairs.
- Coordinate compliance of coaching staff.
- Identify prospective student athletes.
- Actively recruit prospective student athletes within NCAA and
- Engage with recruiting contacts nationally and internationally
to build a pipeline for prospective student athlete interest.
- Utilize social media, written correspondence and telephone
correspondence to aggressively pursue potential prospects for men's
- Detailed preparation for all home and campus visits.
- Work with Head Coach on preparing a non-conference game
schedule with close regard to RPI, facility availability, December
exam schedule and appeal to season ticket holders.
What You Should Know
- Liaison with Strength and Conditioning.
- Responsible for attendance at all compliance meetings.
- Representation at all external team functions.
- Build positive relationships within the Athletic Department, on
campus, and in the Boulder community.
What We Can Offer
- The work schedule includes extended work hours Sunday through
Saturday, Weekends and Holidays. The ability to travel is
- The salary rate is $75,000 annually.
- Additional Compensation Details:
- Relocation is available within department guidelines.
Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per
Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite
Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy. Supplemental camp pay: per
Athletic Department Summer Camp Policy.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be Accomplished. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three years basketball coaching, recruiting, operations or
playing experience at collegiate level. Equivalent combination of
education and experience may substitute.
- Ability to pass NCAA recruiting test.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Analytic skills, computer and video system literacy and
- Technical basketball knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to effectively
manage operations in an athletic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal relations with coaches, student
athletes, other programs and community.
- Three years of operational experience at the Division I
- Knowledge of NCAA recruiting rules and regulations.
- Experience with Teamworks.
- Experience w XOs software.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 5, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: