Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Mathematics & Statistics (up to 11
positions to be filled)
Commensurate with education and experience
College of Science & Engineering Technology
Dept of Mathematics and Statistics
Dr. Melinda Holt
Chair-Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Lecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to four
courses per semester. Course requirements may include a combination
of teaching on-campus at The Woodlands Center, classes at the main
campus in Huntsville, and online classes, depending on the needs of
the academic department. Lecturer-Pool faculty hiring is based upon
student demand, on a semester-by-semester basis. Sam Houston State
University will accept applications for these two open
Educational Requirements for the Position
Requires a minimum of a master’s degree in related field for lower
level course offerings.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience preferred.
Other Requirements for the Position
This position is for the Fall 2021 semester.
Special Instructions Summary
Please note: References provided in the References section of
the application will receive an automated e-mail reference request
at the time the application is submitted.
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Cover Letter