To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next'
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Director of Operations - Women's Basketball
Varies; nights and weekends will be required.
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and
global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence
through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and
staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action
Purpose of Position
The Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball reports directly to
the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and is responsible for assisting
in the organization and administration of the women’s basketball
program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the
University, Horizon League and NCAA .
The Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball must have a
commitment to developing a competitive NCAA Division I basketball
program, while maintaining an emphasis on the academic success of
the student-athlete. The Director of Operations – Women’s
Basketball will be expected to assist in administering the program
in a manner that promotes the health, safety and welfare of the
Compliance with NCAA rules is of the utmost importance at Northern
Kentucky University. As a member of the athletics department staff
it is expected that the Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball
will have a full understanding of the NCAA rules that pertain to
the position. It is also expected that the Director of Operations –
Women’s Basketball will comply with all NCAA rules and if he/she
becomes aware, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a
violation of a rule has occurred he/she will immediately report it
to the Director of Athletics or his/her designee.
The Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball duties include, but
not limited to:
• Coordinate all team meals, including pre-game meals.
• Recruit, hire and train undergraduate student managers.
• Coordinate videotaping for all practices and games; edit video as
directed by the Head Coach.
• Coordinate scheduling of facilities for practices and individual
• Coordinate team travel, including transportation, lodging and
• Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with
• Monitor the academics of the women’s basketball student-athletes.
Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure
any academic concerns are being addressed.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of in-season practices,
including team and individual workouts.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of out-of-season
practices, including individual skill instruction and team
workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete
at the Division I level.
• Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or
requested by the Athletics Compliance Office.
• Assist in monitoring of budget to ensure the women’s basketball
program is fiscally responsible and expenditures are within the
programs budget allocation as directed by the Head Coach.
• Participate in fund raising activities for the women’s basketball
program and/or Department of Athletics.
• Be actively engaged within the University, as well as the
• Attend Department of Athletics staff meetings and training as
directed by the Director of Athletics.
Bachelors degree and collegiate playing or coaching experience,
preferably at the Division I level.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go
through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness,
equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek
excellence through diversity among our students, administrators,
faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
Less than 1 year
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application