Senior Contracts and Grants Specialist 1
University Job Family
Legal, Audit & Compliance
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Senior Contracts and Grants Administrator
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
School Of Pharmacy
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The School of Pharmacy invites you to apply for the position of
Senior Contracts and Grants Administrator. The primary purpose of
the Senior Contracts and Grants Administrator role is to work
directly with faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows, and students
for purposes of assisting in identifying, applying for, and
obtaining external funding.
The successful candidate will assist faculty with completing
administrative sections of grant and contract applications, provide
general support for the Associate Dean’s Office for Research and
Graduate Studies in the School of Pharmacy, and serve as frontline
personalized point of contact for faculty submitting grants and
contracts. The Senior Contracts and Grants Administrator will work
with Sponsored Programs and Grants and Contracts to maintain
adherence with laws, regulations, and policies.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- The School of Pharmacy supports a diverse faculty, staff, and
student environment. The candidate is required to show demonstrated
experience working in and fostering a diverse environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Finance or related field.
- Strong knowledge of OMB Circulars A-21, A-110, A-133 and 2 CFR
200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and
Audit Requirements for Federal Awards and individual federal and
state agency regulations
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines to individual
- Familiarity with common office computer applications, internet
applications, and ability to learn specialized applications such as
customized database RAMS - SPOT (Research Administration Management
System-Sponsored Programs Online Tracking)
- Proposal and grant writing skills
- Ability to prepare research reports and proposals
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Information research skills
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheet, database and word
- A team-player who also has the ability to work independently,
efficiently and with high attention to detail
- Ability to analyze budgetary line items for compliance with
- Knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and
applicable local, state, federal and university regulations
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Experience working with Banner
- Experience working in an academic setting
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
$59,400 - $65,000
Application Process/Additional Information
Normal Work Days/Hours
Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in business administration,
finance or related degree?
- No- Bachelor Degree in other field
- * Do you have Banner experience?
- * Please describe your experience with grants/projects
management and the systems that you utilized to complete your
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document